The other morning, we hear a "beep beep" and thought it was an Amber Alert on my phone. Then my dearest said, "no, it's coming from me". It was an "audio alert" put out by the pacemaker. Called the doctor and he wanted him to go to ER, so our son Myk took him. They were so busy and since it was not a heart attack, or blood...he waited for several hours in the waiting room. Finally, they got him a room. He hasn't had a hospital visit for some time and for that we are thankful.
After eleven hours in ER they determined he just needed his pacemaker re-calibrated. He is at the doctor as I type this to have that done. So, he's good to go...modern technology. He will be 89 in November, so every day is a gift.
UPDATE: That happened August 24th, and today it did it again, an audio alert. Called the doctor and our daughter, Michel is taking him to the office as I type this update. I was going to post this last week, but somehow life got in the way. It may result in a new pacemaker. We will see!

Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteIt was an easy fix. an old faulty wire from his first pacemaker. They deactivated it since it was the nor necessary for his current pacemaker/defib. All is good.
DeleteWell goodness! You definitely don't want to go through that every week or two do you? ER visits always seem to take so long to be seen. I saw my cardiologist just before we left on our trip. They said I have about 9 months or so left on my battery. I'm scheduled to have some pre-op tests in January, see the electrophysician in February and probably have the battery replaced in April when we return from our winter trip to Galveston. It's always something isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it was something easily fixed for your hubby even if the pacemaker needs replaced. I'm told it's an easy surgery.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Wow, you have walked the same path. Don's battery has 7 years, he said it will probably outlast him. HaHa. Every day is a blessing. Thanks for sharing your story. Love and Hugs.
DeleteOh Whew !!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad I read the follow up comment.
Oh my , my Dear Don is now all plugged in and good to go for another 7 years... remember 7 is the perfect #
Love you both so much. Glad you had kids available to get Don to the ER and doctor.
4 months ago when Dave was in ER for over 7 hours you were getting so antsy. Grateful for ER but oh my it sure can be beyond busy.
(((hugs)))
Sue
I'm no expert but I've heard/read that pacemakers do need re-calibrating from time to time.
ReplyDeleteReading through your comments pleased to read all is now okay.
All the best Jan