Tasty blessings from the Trip


 One of the blessings of the trip to see my sister, was stopping at our favorite fruit stand and bring home delicious, peaches, apricots, plums and strawberries.  There is a bakery called Old Tyme Pastries that sells "Squaw" bread.  I've never found it anywhere else.  So, I brought home a loaf, and it was the perfect toast for this country breakfast.  It's a rich brown, nutty, sweet dense bread...to die for!! 

It brought back memories of living there for twenty-seven years and enjoying all the delicious fruits and vegetables.  We were joggers in those days and would run our 3 miles on the canal banks and grab a fresh peach off the tree and eat it while running, letting the juice run down to our elbows.  Oh, what sweet memories.

UPDATE:  The problem with my dearest pacemaker was an old wire that had nothing to do with is current pacemaker/defibrillator.  They disconnected the old wire, and all is GOOD.   

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness his pacemaker is fixed. The breakfast looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that the pacemaker problem was an easy fix. The breakfast both looks and sounds great.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast looks good :)
    Pleased to read the update that the pacemaker is fixed.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)

WHAT'S COOKING ~ CHEF NICK

Our grandson, Nick is a Chef.  He is continuing his education in business so he can someday own his own restaurant and not work for someone ...