It was marvelous weekend with my sister, Donna.
Turning 91is quite a milestone! She has health issues that anyone her age would but has a young attitude and is loving each day the Lord gives her.
She has two sons, Scott who lives with her and is her caregiver, and Stewart, Scott's older brother who was killed when he was 30 in a work-related accident. Her husband passed away a few years ago. We are so happy that Scott is single and able to take care of her.
She has been the favorite Aunt of our children, and they love her like a mother. She never missed a birthday and all but Jill who lives in Oregon was able to take me and celebrate her special day.
Our son Myk, Aunt Donna, Scott, Julie and Michel. I love that my kids made the effort to make sure I was able to spend her 91st birthday with her. A five-hour drive but enjoyed being with my children.




How lovely that you were able to get together to celebrate her 91st! (I've just had my brother here to celebrate my 71st...)
ReplyDeleteSunrise, Sunset, how the years fly! You are in your prime at 71! Happy Birthday!!
DeleteLovely photos. It certainly is a milestone when someone reaches their 90's and beyond. My mom's cousin recently turned 100. Truly incredible. Blessings to you all.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Tammy,. People are living longer these days. Hubby will be 89 in November. It was great to spend time with my sister.
DeleteI so love seeing the photos of you and your sis and the family photo is fantastic too.
ReplyDeleteIts so special that you could do the 5 hour drive and visit.
91 is such a milestone... wonder if I will make it that long ...
Gonna make the most of every day the Good Lord gives us. (:0)
Love you my dear friend ... actually you are more like the sister I never had ...
(((hugs)))
Sue
It's funny Sue, when we were younger, we looked nothing alike. She was tall and brunette, I was short and redhead. But the years have made us "twins" that look a great deal like our lovely mother.
DeleteWhat a lovely gathering!
ReplyDeleteOh Christine, it was so lovely, and you never know if there will be another one! I'm so grateful.
DeleteLovely photographs :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan