ROAD TRIP TO TUCSON


We will be taking a road trip soon to see my forever friend Kris.  Our family moved across the street from the Carlson's when I was four and she was five.  Beginning of a life time friendship.
This photo was taken with our favorite dolls.
We went through grade school, Jr. High and High School together. Spent every day together, writing in our journals and dreaming about our future.  We attended Biola College and worked at Knotts Berry Farm as waitress to help pay for college.  That's when it was a Berry Farm, and not a Theme Park.

So many memories and stories I could share, but I will limit it to one.
We lived across the street from the old Turlock cemetary and that was before fences and locked gates.  We would run over than after school and play and make up stories.  There was a tomestone that was in the shape of a pulpit (probably the grave of an Pastor) and we "played" Billy Graham.  Kris stood at the pulpit and preached the gospel, and I was Cliff Barrows and led the music.  God was preparing two little girls for His ministry.  Kris would be a Missionary and I, a Pastor's wife.  God had a plan!
This picture was taken in our adult years and both of us fulfilled dreams of being in ministry, being married men who loved God and serving our Lord together.

This picture says it all!


10 comments:

  1. Wanda, this is so special. I still keep in touch with my best friend from high school. She and I would dream of moving to NY and living next door to one another. That never happened (and I wouldn't want to live in NY), but we are still friends. It's so special to have lifelong friends. What a great trip to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, friendships is one of the greatest things God has gifted us to have. So much in the Bible speaks of friendship, and Jesus calls us friends. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've shared Kris before, but now at our ages and her with health issues, I wanted to share our friendship for those new bloggers that may not have seen the previous posts.

      Delete
  3. That friendship is truly Golden. I'm afraid that my life long friends are no more. but I am thankful for the special friends I have now. They are treasures (like you are) that I keep deep in my heart.
    I'm so glad you will be able to visit Kris soon. How exciting!!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can have more that one forever friend....I certainly put you in that category. It may not have been long is years, but it's been a friendship planned in heaven. Love you.

      Delete
  4. This is such a wonderful tribute to your friendship and love of the Lord. It was planted early and continued onward. I loved the preaching and singing in the cemetery.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy. We have many stories. Childhood was more creative back then.

      Delete
  5. A wonderful friendship ... very special.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will get some current pictures on our upcoming visit.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)

WHAT'S COOKING ~ CHEF NICK

Our grandson, Nick is a Chef.  He is continuing his education in business so he can someday own his own restaurant and not work for someone ...