My dearest really loves his doctors, and I think Dr. Oang, our Primary is his favorite. We've been under his care for 10 years, and he has been great in his knowledge and care and recommendations for specialists. He takes time to listen, answers all our questions and has a delightful sense of humor. On his last visit he ask Dr. O if he would take a picture with him. He was very gracious.
He calls Don his "Poster Child" as Don will do anything Dr. O says. To bad I don't get the same reaction. Just kidding. I think my dearest looks really good in this picture. We take it one day at a time, and listen to his body. When he gets tired he says "I'm DONE!" and heads to the bed for a nap. 45 minutes later, he's feeling strong. As
I've said many times, getting this old is not for the faint of heart, but we are thankful for each day, and it is my pleasure to be wife and caregiver. I enjoy his sharp mind and our times of just sitting with a cup of coffee and sharing stories and memories. He works on his devotionals and acrostics like he was still in the pulpit. That old saying, "You can take the Pastor out of the pulpit, but you can't take the pulpit out of the Pastor," Bless his heart, he still thinks and studies like one.
I guess it's true, you never retire from loving and serving the Lord. He makes many phone calls from his recliner to encourage people.
That's my Dearest, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. HaHa

Wanda - what a sweet picture...and post! So many blessings...that your husband is doing well, that he has a great doctor (I wish I could find one), that his mind is sharp and for this special season of enjoy life together. At a slower pace, perhaps, but still wonderful! His testimony, and yours as his faithful partner, have been a blessing to me this morning!!
ReplyDeleteJennifer your comment is so appreciated and encouraging ❤️
ReplyDeleteOh, I love this picture of that sweet guy of yours.
ReplyDeleteHe may be frailer but you can just see the strength in his eyes and loving smile.
You two are definitely made for each other and I do miss those Tahoe times together and when you came to visit. They are memories that go way down deep inside.
Love you
Sue
Some of my very favorite memories are Tahoe, the little cabin on the water's edge and learning how our lives interchanged without knowing each other. Our friendship was made in heaven. Wish we could do it again, but we have our memories, and we have eternity!!!
DeleteYou are a wonderful couple
ReplyDeleteThank you Christine. Even after 65 years, we are a work in progress!! Love you.
DeleteI just love this! There is so much to glean from this - an example of living a life dedicated to the Lord and resting when we need to. It is a beautiful testimony.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post. We so miss our primary care doctor that we had in Spokane. He would take time to pray with us and after the check for whatever we were there for he would pull out part of the paper that covers the table you sit on and start diagraming Bible passages and asking what we thought about different ideas. He was a GREAT guy. After his kids graduate from school, he and his wife plan to go into mission work.
ReplyDeleteI love how you love your dear Hubby. And that saying is so true. I've seen many "retired" pastors living it. My own Hubby is starting the Bible again for the third time this year. He reads through it over and over. He says each time he discovers something new the Lord is teaching Him. We are blessed to have these men in our lives.
Blessings and love,
Betsy
Having some trouble with my computer comments, Betsy. Bear with me as I try to correct it.
DeleteYeah! I think I fixed it. I so enjoyed your comment and your personal story of doctor patient relationships. Nothing is better than having a great doctor who really cares.
DeleteSuch a lovely post ... you are a wonderful couple.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
All the best Jan
Thanks Jan, we are a blessed couple. God's grace has been poured out on our lives.
ReplyDeleteOur beloved doctor whom we'd both been with for 20 yrs, retired. We were given a Dr Murphy who was overtly gay but very nice. We stayed with him until he exhibited signs of extreme irritability with me. I simply asked him, "could my thyroid lab THS be high because I'm taking magnesium?" ... he got mad that I was doubting his word that my TSH was a "little" high (I'm retired LVN...I know what's a little high and what's HIGH!)...and yes, magnesium can affect lab results!) Whoa! He jumps up wringing his hands and putting me in my place as a patient. I just calmly sat there...gathered up my jacket and purse and walked out. At the checkout desk, I requested a new primary physician with new lab work. Done... We like our new doctor...Dr Truesdale. Solid name and he's very nice and seems good at what he does.
ReplyDeletePrayers for your husband's health!! And Dr Murphy? He's still being a Primadonna, dancing up and down the halls of the clinic and being his happy little self...I'm sure. Oh, in my defense? I don't mind the gays... I've met some kind and wonderful people who were gay...not my business.
I just don't want them in the pulpit or in my face. Homosexuality is wrong ... God's words, not mine. And we, love the sinner but not the sin. Just don't get into the pulpit and try to teach me how LGBTQLMNOP is not a sin. Okay...sorry...I guess Dr Murphy affected me more than I care to admit...he plainly hurt my feelings...
Big hug
Donna