HAPPILY GROWING OLD


 I was looking at all the old posts I have done since I began blogging in 2007, almost 19 years ago.  My first blog title was "Brush Strokes from the Heart", as I was sharing all of my watercolors I was doing at the time.

I was looking at my profile picture and said to myself, that's not me now.  I older, wiser and have a lot more wrinkles.  So this is me, happily growing older and embracing the years that show in my face and body. (no pictures of the body~~haha)

I think it's important to embrace fully whatever age and stage you are in.  What a blessing to say God has graciously let me be married to the dearest 65 years this June.  To have raised four adult children and now loving and enjoying 14 grandchildren, 5 of them great grandchildren.

I have also a history of loving and serving my Lord.  Raised in a Christian home.  I gave me life to the Lord at ten, and as I have aged physically, my desire would be that people have seen me grow spiritually as well.   Life is a journey.  I was recently at the Memorial Service for a dear friend who passed away at 93.  The theme of his service is the day of your death is better than the day of your birth as you now enter into heaven to be with the Lord and received your reward of being a good and faithful servant.

I think attending the service gave me reason to pause.  Thanks for listening to the old lady's thoughts.  Yes, I love my age and my life.

 NOW

14 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post. Indeed, the day of our passing is a huge celebration for Christians. To be absent from the body is to be with the Lord. You are beautiful, both inside AND out. I don't look half as good as you and I'm quite a bit younger. You are an inspiration to me in life and in faith and I'm so glad I found you here in blogland.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, how I enjoyed you comments and that we are sisters in Christ, and understand how wonderful heaven will be. Maybe I look ok as I have kept Covergirl, and Revlon in business for many years. HaHa. The best thing I can ask for in this life is to be in inspiration to somes faith and practice. Love you Betsy.

      Delete
  2. Wanda I have also been blogging since 2007!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you could call us "veteran" bloggers. It's a very important part of my life, and the wonderful friends I have made. You are at the top of that list.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, you are simply beautiful. The Lord shines through those eyes and smile of yours.
    Yes there are wrinkles ... I can't believe how many I have now ... but I am trying to consider them a timeline of my life. I do love my life and my almost 63 years with Dave. Gotta admit there are a few rougher patches along the way but they actually help me stay on the path God has chosen for me.
    This life is really a mystery that propels us on our way to heaven. What a reunion that will be ...
    I am so glad you are back into blogging on a more regular basis. It sure helps keep me in touch with you.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you forever friend. The best compliment is for someone to see the Lord in ones life. Yes, as I mentioned in the post...embrace every time of life, wrinkles and all. We have much in common an 63 years with your Dave. You are right on our heels. Yes, heaven and no more weeds. (smile) Yes, I had really missed sharing with my blog friends and now I will just share my thoughts and not worry if its important to anyone but me. Loving you and Dave.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post, beautiful Godly woman, and to have the joy of having a wonderful marriage! But salvation and the future of Heaven is the greatest !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Roxy, marriage for life. Knowing Christ, an eternity.

      Delete
  5. A lovely post this morning! Wonderful wisdom. I really like that theme for your friend's service. (I've not thought of the idea of a theme....but that is a wise one!) And your photo is lovely, too. I am glad that you have stuck with blogging for so long. I am sincerely blessed each time I visit here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. Blogging has been a joy and oh the lovely friends I have made. Hugs

      Delete
  6. A lovely post and a great photograph of you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)

WHAT'S COOKING ~ CHEF NICK

Our grandson, Nick is a Chef.  He is continuing his education in business so he can someday own his own restaurant and not work for someone ...