Got up early to make a couple of Sourcream Cinnamon Coffee cakes, one for Maria, (will explain later) and one to share half with the next door neighbors. It's one of those favorites of our family.
Next was to get busy and work on my lesson for Women's Bible Study. The lessons are great, but it takes several hours to complete them. I love doing the lessons, and realized how much I miss this part of my life while I couldn't attend.
Last, I had not had a hair cut in over three months and I was ready for my summer pixie. Maria is my stylist, and it's hard to find someone who does elderly women's hair. She's a jewel and if I take her my homemade goodies, she charges me half price. Win Win, so she got the other Coffee Cake this afternoon.




I Love Your Hair! You are so beautiful, and how sweet of your hair stylist to charge you less for baked goods. She knows a good deal when she sees it. :-) Would you be willing to share your recipe with us? My Grandma used to make a sour cream cinnamon coffee cake with raisins that we all loved, loved, loved. I remember everyone asking her to make it often and I remember her sending three 9x 13 pans of it with us when we visited my pregnant sister in Texas. Her husband was in the army and she was so homesick. Grandma took care of it with her coffee cake! But...she refused to share the recipe with anyone at all. It was in her head and it went to the grave with her. She taught me to sew, to crochet, to cook and bake, but she had a few recipes she just would not share. They were her specialties. Sometimes I find myself craving that coffee cake. Maybe yours is like it! :-)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Friday my dear friend.
Blessings and love,
Betsy
Oh Betsy, how I enjoyed you comment about the coffee cake. Absolutely I will share my recipe with you. In fact, probably tomorrow I will put the recipe on my blog. I loved your story of your grandmother and her refusing to share her recipe. Mine sounds very much like hers. Hopefully it will taste as good, and bring back sweet memories. I'm loving my new "short" cut. So easy, just get up and run my fingers through it!! Being a baker has it's benefits, haha. Thanks for your wonderful comment. Love and Hugs
DeleteThat is a win-win. Would be a win for me if we could share a slice of your delicious looking cake and a cup of coffee. I got my hair cut yesterday at a new place -- it's been 5 years since I've had a good cut. Unfortunately, the stylist told me I have psoriasis of the scalp -- they did a treatment with different masks and oils and creams -- so many hair washes and my hair and scalp are the cleanest they've ever been. Now I don't want to go anywhere that I'll get dirty and stinky and sweaty. HA! She recommended I see a dermatologist which is something I've needed to do for some skin spots so now even more reason to go. :/
ReplyDeleteOh I'm sorry about your psoriasis of the scalp, but so glad they could do a treatment and get you back to a healthy scalp. My dearest has many skin cancers and sees his dermatologist often. In fact, he just had two taken off his leg, and has several more that will need attention. Thanks for your visit, I enjoyed your comment. Love and hugs
DeleteThat cake looks delicious and I bet your neighbors and your sweet stylist were delighted do have such a treat for the weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to see you doing your regular life again, Wanda! :)
Paula, how nice to hear from you. Now that I'm back to blogging, I will surely come by and visit you. Life is finally good again, but I learned so much during my down time. Learing to lean on the Lord, and remember He's in control. Thanks for the visit. Love and Hugs
DeleteYummy food!
ReplyDeleteThanks Christine...how we love to cook and enjoy!! Blessing for a great day
DeleteOh Wanda, your hair cut is darling. Its really flattering. I haven't had a salon cut or perm in over 2 years. I just keep whacking it off myself, but the back really could use a professional cut. There just never seems to be the extra money for it so for now what you see is what you get... That will probably be the theme of my next post (:0)
ReplyDeleteYumm on that coffee cake. It looks divine and I know it would taste that way too.
I'm so happy you are feeling so much better and can really delve back into your bible studies and activities.
Love you my dear friend. Hugs to you and Don.
Sue
Sue, if Maria wasn't youkind and take goodies for a partial payment I wouldn't be able to do it. Haha on the back of the hair. That was my problem too. Need eyes in the back of your head. Love ❤️ you
Delete