Saturday, January 9, 2016

ODDS AND ENDS

 Some of my odds and ends today include an adorable set of bears.  A friend here in the complex was throwing things away, and I just couldn't see these going in the trash.

 I love boiled eggs for a quick snack or in a salad, but need to be sure which is which.  I've started putting faces on the boiled ones.  

 Friday, my dearest and I had the urge to visit the "Paris Baguette" in the Mall again.  We found it at Christmas as knew it wouldn't be our last visit.  He decided on soup and sandwich.

 I decided on pastries, and started sampling before I got my camera out.  Oh so sweet, so light, so delicious.



It's such a delightful place, and looks quite different without all the Christmas decorations in the mall.


 We've had a lot of rain the past few days, and the snowcap on the mountains is so beautiful.  This was taken just outside the mall.
 Zoomed in and bet there are some skiers and snowboarders up there enjoying the beauty and the snow.

The West Covina mall is just a few minutes away from where we live and a nice place to walk around and end up for lunch in "Paris".  (tee-hee)

Going to spend the afternoon with our son's family as Kaleb will head back to Illinois to complete his Junior year.  Can't believe he will graduate in another year.

Hope you are having a good weekend.


18 comments:

  1. So glad you rescued those bears. Too cute.
    Kaleb a Junior...where does the time go?
    Looks like you have a great mall with lots of Food choices.
    Beautiful snow view too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your balcony looks very cosy Wanda...
    You sure are lucky to have that view!
    Enjoy your weekend...we are getting rain both days!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely day. The food looks delicious as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, Those little wedding bears are too sweet to throw away. :):) So nice that you and your husband enjoy going to fun places for lunch. I like the way you know your boiled eggs. LOL. Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice day and I love the egg idea. I will have to tell my daughter as she has cracked open a raw egg before for a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastries for lunch. Now that is my kind of lunch! Yum...it all looks delish!

    I love those mountains. None of those in Ohio! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening, sweet friend! How are you, dear Wanda? I hope your new year is off to a beautiful start :)

    As always, it's a delight to visit and see what you've been up to. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bears are adorable. Glad you rescued them. I tell my boiled eggs because I boil them with onion skin. It turns the shells a yellow or brown according to the type of onion skin I put in. Your faces are cute, though. What beautiful scenery you have there. I love looking at mountains. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, much too cute to throw away. Glad that California is finally getting some much needed rain and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea of putting faces on the boiled eggs! Looks like you are having a good new year. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice to be able to walk to Paris for lunch with your sweetie . The photos of the snowcapped mountains are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you and your beloved spend your days together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hm... I think I might have gone to that mall once... maybe. Love how you can have snow and not have snow at the same time. Just doesn't work like that here. Well, not exactly. There can be a blizzard in Buffalo and Rochester get nothing.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mountains look beautiful. I can't imagine seeing such spectacular views at a mall parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sweet bears and it sounds like a great lunch and a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laughing at the eggs - I must start doing that! Nothing like something smiling at you as you open the fridge.
    Sweet bear mates.
    Oh the mountains! How beautiful. The hills are alive... (that's me singing)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, well, I have marked an x on the boiled eggs before. Leave it to an artist to be so creative! The little bears are cute and the pastries look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those snow capped mountains remind me of the ones we see here for 3/4 of the year at least. I love them.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)