Here's looking at you!


 I was calming sitting in my recliner when I felt eyes looking at me. We are the second story, and this guy was stopping for a peak before continuing up the tree to the roof (I guess).

Since I had a bad experience with a mother possum nesting under the hood of my car with her six babies, I'm a little Leary of possums. We still wonder how long I was driving around with her and her family before we discovered her.  Animal Control took them in a sack up in the woods and let them out. Didn't know they were an endangered species.  I'm glad they didn't dispose of them.  The babies were rather cute, but mama was ready to fight for them.

Our adult children and I will be traveling up North this weekend to celebrate my sister Donna's 91st birthday.  She is such a strong and lovely woman.  Been through a hard life in many ways, but she has the most beautiful attitude.  We are excited that she is well enough for a little celebration.  Up on Friday, back on Sunday, but at our age, you never know how many more birthdays the Lord might gift us.

 



7 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time and happy birthday to your Sister. I like that you are making the most of every moment.
    Our neighbor says we have possums too around our area but I have never seen them. They really are good taking care of the critters we don't want around.
    Haven't seen our foxes for a week now. We aren't seeing squirrels or lizards either so I guess they have had their fill of our backyard buffet.
    Hugs and I will email you when you get back.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your sister. I'm so grateful to be living back in Nebraska near my only sister. Living across the country from her for over 30 years wasn't easy.
    I've only seen possums at the zoo. I don't think they are native around here.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago my neighbor told me I had rats in my yard and it was a possum. Don't know where it went, but it disappeared. Have a wonderful time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our possums have left us - after being here for so many many years! I miss them because now the rats, mice and squirrels are taking over all our feeders! Louis Dean will be 90 in November....time marches on.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great photo of the possum in the tree. Hope you had a good visit with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely visit and a wonderful time with your sister.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)

FALL AT THE TREEHOUSE

  Fall truly has arrive at the Treehouse.  Something old, something new and a different way to display it.  Something new is the basket on t...