SUNFLOWERS AND SUMMER SALADS


+
We have a window ledge outside the front door.  I try to decorate it with the seasons.  The last time I was shopping I saw this Sunflower and thought it would look lovely on the ledge.  This can carry over to Fall.

During the summer heat, we have been enjoying salads for dinner. This one is a combination of veggies and fruit on lettuce.  Topped off with boiled eggs, beets, shredded cheese and a few crackers.


This one is very similar, but I added a little more protein with strips of leftover port roast, avocado, and cucumber slices.  

Two other salads we enjoy are potato salad, and pasta salad.  What are your favorite summer salads.

11 comments:

  1. Love your healthy salads. I am planning to make a kale salad. Lovely porch deco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are really into salads. I need to start using kale. I have a large bag of spinach, so will use that up first.

      Delete
  2. I really love salads too. A big shrimp louie or crab would be just about perfect for me...not for Dave though. He's such a meat and potatoes kind of guy !
    Tomato and mozzarella Caprese salad is my favorite with a delicious balsamic dressing over it.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now your Dave and my dad would have been great food buddies. My Dad was totally Meat and Potatoes, and Dessert. Oh yes, I love your favorite salad too, In fact I love to dip baguette in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

      Delete
  3. Bei mir kommen jetzt abends auch oft Salate auf den Tisch. Heute gab es einen Salat mit Berglinsen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Neuer. Thanks for the visit, but I need a translation. Only know English.

      Delete
  4. Hi Wanda :) I think the sunflower looks very nice. I have been enjoying the Strawberry Chicken salad from Schlotskys. It has chicken, strawberries, lettuce, pecans, feta cheese and croutons. There is a broccoli salad that I made for special occasions and it has broccoli, walnuts, red onion, bacon, and a creamy dressing that is sweet. It's delicious! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie. Your salads sound so delicious
      I love the fresh fruit in salads and the toppers like candied pecans.

      Delete
  5. My favorite summer salad is arugula, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto and peaches with red onion, olive oil and a little balsamic. I got the recipe from Chrissy Teigen's instagram years ago and look forward to it every summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness, that is truly a favorite. There is so much variety to salads. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salads in summer are great :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)

WHAT'S COOKING ~ CHEF NICK

Our grandson, Nick is a Chef.  He is continuing his education in business so he can someday own his own restaurant and not work for someone ...