As I am typing this I am waiting for the plumber to show up! Last night after a lovely dinner of Fish Taco's I began doing the dishes and the sink started backing up. The cartoon is a little drastic, since living in this complex a text or phone call gets help right away so I don't have to fix anything myself.
It reminds me of a funny story from our years at the church up North. My dearest can preach a wonderful sermon on a moments notice, handle difficult leaders, visit and take care of peoples needs, but.... There is one thing that was a rule: DON'T GIVE PASTOR DON TOOLS!!! It was a common joke as my dearest was not gifted in that area. Best stick to what you are good at!!
HAVE A TROUBLE FREE WEEKEND!
Hopefully your sink is unclogged by now. :-) Our preacher back in Spokane was the same. He had no idea that he was supposed to change the oil in his car among many other things. He had grown up in that church since a very young boy so it was no surprise to the congregation. He was definitely not gifted in that area either.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
Yes, we each have a special gift. My dearest has been retired from the pulput for many years but at 89 he still studies and writes devotionals and stories like he was preaching Sunday. That's what I love about his heart for the Lord.
DeleteI hope it is fixed soon!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Hopefully your sink is unclogged by now!
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan