DOVES ON THE WINDOW LEDGE

 

We heard some noised outside the window where my desk and computer are, and it was two doves building a nest on the window ledge.  The above picture is from googleimages, as I am afraid of disturbing the doves by moving the curtain to take a picture.  Perhaps I can get a picture of the nest if they leave it for a while.

It's been a nice long break.  Much time spent in reading, resting, and sharing with family.  It was a needed time, but I truly did miss my times on the blog.  I did from time to time visit some of you, but didn't comment.

During my blogging break two dear blog friends have passed away.  Susie's husband Ted lost his battle with cancer (She Junks), and a sweet and beautiful woman, named Linda (Woke up Got out of Bed).  Life is like a vapor, the Bible says,  Here today, gone tomorow.  How thankful we should be for each and every day.

Psalm 62:1

"My soul waits in silence for God alone;

From Him comes my salvation

He along is my rock and my salvation

My stronghold, I will not be shaken."


9 comments:

  1. Praying for the families of your deceased friends, and for you and yours, Wanda.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Victor. Appreciate your prayers.

      Delete
  2. Hi Wanda, I was wondering where you were. We have had too many losses in Blogdom recently, it is true. Hope that your current time away has been restful and healthful. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee. It was both. Restful and enjoying good health. Nice to be back.

      Delete
  3. Current should say "recent." ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of blog friends Wanda. Very glad you are back however. Love your blog header painting and background flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took some time to go through some of my old paintings. Thought I could use some for a change of headers. Good to be back.

      Delete
  5. Thats the sad bit about getting old Wanda, we loose friends. I lost one the other week. Those doves may be a mixed blessing especially when they start cooing, but its still lovely to have them nesting so close by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave: Yes getting old is for the brave of heart! Sad to lose friends. The doves are still building the nest. They come and go...so far no eggs.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)

WHAT'S COOKING ~ CHEF NICK

Our grandson, Nick is a Chef.  He is continuing his education in business so he can someday own his own restaurant and not work for someone ...