Sunday, August 6, 2017

ODDS AND ENDS


~ A Trip to the Thrift Store~


 I'm always on the look out for nice pie dishes.  Especially decorative pottery ones.  This large white one caught my eye as it works for any occasion being a neutral color.



 I tested it out with a Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
  I love my little kitchen.



Also have a thing for "quilts".  This very nice yellow and blue flowered one was in pristine condition.  Usually these are anywhere from $25 to $35, but the tag on this one was $12.  Yep, it jumped into my cart.
I especially liked the scalloped edges.  Since I use blue in the bedroom, I already have several sets of blue sheets.  

We have a few more days with our friend Tom, before he leaves for Texas.  It's been a most excellent visit.

11 comments:

  1. I love how God just puts the things we desire right smack in front of us! Great finds! Enjoy your visit! I need to catch up with all that you have been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some good bargains there Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quilt! I should go look for cake pans. I have pie plates but my cake pans have disappeared somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I thought I had commented on this post...where did it go?
    I really love the quilt with its special colors. What a bargin and the pie plate is just perfect for you and all the baking you do.
    The countdown has begun!!! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt and the price is staggering! Even in a thrift store here I am sure it would be well over $100-$200. What a terrific find, and such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wanda, I've come across from Christine's blog.
    Love that pie dish, and your quilt looks beautiful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab thrifty buys,Wanda...
    I have another blogging friend in California, and she finds such great things too!
    Enjoy your house guest, and then your trip to see Tristan..
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are incredible finds!
    I think treasures like you.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is pretty, Wanda. The blue and yellow flowers are sweet. My sister sews quilts, and I've always thought it was such a talent. You find the best stuff at the thrift store, and your coffee cake looks Yummy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilt and pie dish, like you I am always looking for different pie dishes!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)