Sunday, July 23, 2017

WANDA'S SCONE RECIPE

 Several people have ask me for the Scone Recipe I use, so I'm posting it for anyone who is interested.  
It's an easy recipe and only takes 15-20 minutes baking time.




APRICOT, WHITE CHOCOLATE, WALNUT SCONES

2 cups all purpose flour                1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar              1 cup white chocolate chips
2 teaspoons baking powder           1 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 teaspoon salt                             (or dried cranberries, etc.)
1/4 cup butter, chilled                    1 cup chopped walnuts or
1/2 cup Half/Half                                     pecans.
1 large egg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Cut the butter in small cubes and distribute over the flour mixture.  With a pastry blender mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Add chips, dried fruit and nuts to mixture and mix until all are completely coated.  Make a well in the middle and pour in the mixture of half/half, egg and vanilla.  Mix until you form a dough.
Turn out on floured board and knead until you have formed a ball.

Cut the ball in half, and form two smaller balls.  With lightly floured hands pat dough into two circles.  Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.   Pat to desired size.  With a serrated knife, cut into eight wedges each.  Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until bottom and top of lightly browned.

When you take them out of the oven, I re-score the wedges so they come apart easy.

Cool on wire rack, and if you have a sweet tooth like me.....add some drizzle.  (Powdered sugar and water)

Put on a pot of coffee, or a kettle for tea.  Sit down, put your feet up....and enjoy!!!!

PS ~ They freeze very well.  Sometimes I freeze on of the circles for surprise visitors.  In the micro, and they are ready to serve.
  

22 comments:

  1. Thank you! THANK you! Thank YOU!!
    I dearly love scones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda I love your phrase...Easy~Peasy..that's what these are.

      Delete
  2. Me, too! Thanks for your recipe. I do love scones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you will be disappointed.

      Delete
  3. Sounds delicious! I might make these for my friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given them as a gift many times. Always appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much I love easy recipes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, I am going to try these...and when I do I will post about it. Thank you so much for the recipe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you will post about them...let the recipe carry on....haha

      Delete
  6. HI Wanda....
    Sharing tried and true recipes is THE best 💕
    Making my yummy fish tacos and homemade fries tonight!
    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true. I still make your lemon/berry coffee cake.

      What kind of fish do you use for your fish tacos?

      Delete
  7. Thank you, dear Wanda! I knew when I read apricots and Half and Half, this would be a scone to die for! I love it also that I can freeze them and save some for company. You are an amazing cook and I never go wrong with your recipes. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cher, would you believe the original recipe called for heavy whipping cream. I never have that in the house, but we use half/half in our coffee, so I did make that change.

      Delete
  8. Yay, yay, yay! I'm pinning this recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome. Don't forget the drizzle....haha

      Delete
  9. You are right on in your little "sermonette" on my blog.
    Words are just words if the heart isn't there. Sorry can be so shallow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had some practice lately....

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the recipe. They sound easy and good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it is. I think you will enjoy them.

      Delete

  11. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)