Saturday, July 29, 2017

THE MAD HATTER RETURNS


Our dear friend Tom flew out from Texas last year to celebrate my 75th Birthday at a wonderful "Mad Hatter" party our children hosted for my celebration.

Tom came fully dressed as the "Mad Hatter" and no one could have played it better.

He will be flying in Tuesday for a visit with us, and it wouldn't surprise me if he came in costume again.  Everyone on the flight last year certainly got a kick from him as he sported his Mad Hatter outfit on the flight to California.  You gotta love this guy.  We've been friends for 40+ years.

Friendship is such a precious and sometimes fragile thing. It needs to be guarded and protected.  I'm so thankful we've had Tom for these many years.

16 comments:

  1. That flight with the Mad Hatter must have been a happy one for the crew and passengers. Long friendships are a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, It will be good for you and your husband to have time with Tom. It's fun to be able to relax and just live life and laugh. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have much fun with Tom. He is a very funny but also very deep thinker and we have great conversations.

      Delete
  3. Dear friends are to be treasured, love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had several frames at the party, and everyone got a chance to be "framed" haha.

      Delete
  4. You are such a treasure yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda...you would love Tom. He's a Texas Treasure.

      Delete
  5. A good friend is a gift from God. Enjoy the visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true...We will look forward to our time with him.

      Delete
  6. Friendships like that are pure Gold. Enjoy your time with Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's something about old friendships - wacky and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to be on his flight. I love my crazy friends... and they love me! Enjoy his visit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the Mad Hatter, how delightful your friend dressed up for the party. My girls love the Mad Hatter, and Jess will have a baby shower soon with The Mad Hatter tea party theme.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

  10. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you;ve nurtured such good friendships over the years. i could do with more myself as I rarely if ever find anyone like me but for Alexandra! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)