Saturday, July 22, 2017

DIRTY CARPET AND SCATTER RUGS

Image result for Scatter rugs


Dear Lord, sometimes a pretty scatter rug covers a stained and dirty carpet.  The dirt is well hidden, but it's still there.
  
There are times in my life, Lord, that I put a pretty good deed over an attitude I'm trying to hide, or a sin unconfessed.   I know you see everything, so how silly of me to try to hide anything from you. 

 Forgive me for having spiritual scatter rugs... Cleanse and clean my heart, wipe away every unkind attitude or thought that does not please You.   You are my gracious Lord, and I love You.  Amen.

This little devotional thought came to me as I was telling my dearest, we HAVE TO GET THIS CARPET CLEAN...I'm tired of putting down scatter rugs to hide some stains that I couldn't get up. Then the Lord reminded me I had put a few scatter rugs down on my heart.   Oh happy day when we reach heaven, and this old nature will be gone forever....in the meantime, I know I'm flawed..and sinful, and daily make the choices to live through the power of the Holy Spirit, and the applying of God's Word.  Some days are harder than others.

Do you ever get little "Spiritual" wake up calls???

Very excited that my dearest has been invited to preach tomorrow in a church we attended before we moved to Villa Ramona.  He misses preaching...and I miss hearing him.  Please say a prayer that his message will touch the hearts of those who hear it.

19 comments:

  1. Great post. A happy reminder. Glad you will be hearing your dearest preach tomorrow. Its a happy weekend for sure. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good Sunday. My dearest is still my favorite preacher...and the message was very good.

      Delete
  2. All the best for your dearest delivering a wonderful inspiring sermon tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. It was a good Sunday, and the message well received, and good seeing old friends.

      Delete
  3. Wanda, I pray your husband's message will reach many. I too have days where I struggle to be the person ,that I know in my heart, the Lord wants me to be. Pray for me too. :):) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The message was well received. A wonderful worship service and several family members were able to go and hear their Dad and Grandpa.

      Yes, the Lord tells us to bear each others burdens and pray for each others. We can do that.

      Delete
  4. Wanda, I really enjoyed this post and hope all goes well for your husband and those who hear him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janet. You know there are so many lessons out there in simple things..like scatter rugs...haha
      The message was good, and well received.

      Delete
  5. Wow, this hit me square between the eyes. I do have physical scatter rugs covering stains I can't seem to get up and I know there are scatter rugs over my attitude and opinions. It's a great illustration.
    Praying for Don this morning too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how things from life can teach us the best lessons.

      My dearest has not forgot how to preach. It was so good to hear him, and several of our family got to hear him too. Good to see old friends.

      Delete
  6. Yes, scatter rugs cover a multitude of sins - but the love of God covers them all.
    It's after noon here so Don may be preaching as I write. Prayers for the power of God to speak through his humble servant.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful that God's love does cover them all.

      It was a powerful message, and well received. Thanks for your prayers.

      Delete
  7. I like your devotional this morning. This is sunday afternoon at 3 PM so I missed praying for Don as he preached this morning. I hope it went well. My Alan preached at his friend's church this morning. I didn't get to go but he said that it went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our men, the preachers. I love it. God uses willing vessels. It was a great service. Music, preaching, prayer and giving...all part of the body of Christ.

      Delete
  8. I am reading this at 4:45 in the afternoon so I know your husband must have finished his preaching hours ago. I pray it was a message that touched many hearts. Your devotional is relevant in so many ways. What a glorious day it will be when we see our Savior face to face and won't have to worry about those scatter rugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy....The Lord heard your prayers before you prayed them.
      It was a good Sunday. Won't it be great to see our Lord face to face..Hugs

      Delete
  9. Love this! Have a wonderful week ahead!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. Looking for a good week.

      Delete

  10. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)