Thursday, June 15, 2017

GOT IN A JAM YESTERDAY

This is the kind of JAM I like to get into~~

Last year when we visited our friends up North, Sue gave me two bags of plums from their tree.  She did all the work and had them pitted and cut in small pieces.

Life got in the way and those bags have taken up space in the freezer for a year.  But yesterday I had a free morning, and decided it was time...especially since I was just about out of any store bought jam or jelly.

I had trouble finding enough jars, but with a dozen mixed and matched I was able to complete the task.

This morning that toast with fresh plum jam and brie sure tasted good with my coffee.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely, I'm sure they taste so good. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, I love seeing home canned goodies. Your jam looks very good. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious! I made up quite a few jars of peach preserves recently. Nothing like homemade, right? Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love brie with jam or jelly... or a nice salsa. Yum.
    Haven't had plum jam in years. Must get some. Such a lovely flavour.
    Sending love to you, dear Wanda.
    ❦❦❦

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm, that looks delicious.
    I must do something with my plums in the freezer too. They sure take up space....the plums might as well be in our tummy instead. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never made jam before! Can you believe that? I have made Bread and Butter pickles. Does that count? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Wanda, I saw you on Nana Diana's blog. You have a charming blog. There's nothing like homemade preserves. Your toast with plum jam and coffee sounds wonderful. Me and my daughters also have a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow, and I would certainly come back and follow you as well. It's nice to meet new friends. I see a familiar face up there, Susie is a dear blog friend of mine as well. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day. I really like your posts filled with simplicity.

    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)