Monday, May 15, 2017

TWO OF MY SPECIAL GIFTS


I found this poem on my desk Sunday Morning!  What a special "homemade" card from my dearest and his love for me.  To good not to share his poetic expertise......


Image result for mother's day
Poems are sweet but not always complete,
Songs are swell but never totally tell,
Words convey but never fully say,
Thoughts are kind but sometimes lack time,
Imagination is great but not always adequate,
Memories are fine when you can call them to mind,
Time is limited so I feel inhibited to fully explain the joy I feel in this articulation of my admiration for the woman I love who was sent from above.  Happy Mother's Day to my bride, my wife and the wonderful mother of our children.   ~ Love without limits, Don 
(is that not just precious)

Then Issac and Matthew gave me a very special gift with much meaning....The card said they love my cookies, and this gift made them think of me.  They are wonderful great grandsons.


A large measuring cup ~ that says "In Grandmother's Kitchen love is homemade"


11 comments:

  1. Yes, that IS precious. What a wonderful surprise and a great poem! Sweet! Love the cup and the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very loved by so many....both near and far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card it looks like you had a perfect Mother's Day Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How touching that he would take the time to create something so special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ๐ŸŒทThat poem is pure gold. And the sweet note from greats is precious. You are surrounded by love. ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Sweet grandsons you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should keep Don around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanda, All your "boys" love you. :):) I liked the poem and the gift is so cute. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How could they not love you? ๐Ÿ’“
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Don is such a romantic.
    Fantastic poem done with so much Love.
    That cup is terrific too.
    I'm glad you had a sweet Mom's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I love Don's poem. What a sweet thing to do. I love homemade.
    And your great grandsons' gift is perfect. The card and mug are even colour co-ordinated!
    I know you were surrounded by love on "your" day, but I'm sending a little extra from me! xox

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)