Thursday, May 4, 2017

TREE HOUSE VISITOR


Tree trimming at the Villa.  This is our wonderful shade tree being trimmed down much more than I would have liked, but then we don't own the Villa (HaHa).  He was a pleasant fellow, and let me take his picture, and then continued "butchering" my tree house.  Thank heaven it will grow back nicely.
  

It reminds me of the verses in John 15:1-2 when Jesus says "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, so that it will be even more fruitful."

To show my goodwill, I did take down cookies for the trimmers and did not mention that I thought they "over did it"!  HaHa

 

9 comments:

  1. My wife always says that I overdo the pruning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen my azalea bush? John did some trimming two years ago.

    Just think of the patches of light you will have now. All artists love those! 🌿

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, You are so sweet. I remember one of my old bosses saying ,every time he mowed he wife chased him with a broom..cause he would mow some of her flowers.LOL I bet your tree will fill in nicely. I do the tree trimming around here, don't trust Ted at times. LOL Of course we need a climbing man like that on our big trees. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give a man a saw and what you saw will be no more...My personal statement after witnessing what my husband does with a saw and bushes and trees....lol xo diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a good sport, Wanda! It will come back bigger and better than before! Around here we trim bushes back so they will fill in more. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I would have bitten my tongue... :-)
    Hope the tree "recovers." I bet they loved the cookie treat. So kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. James "trimmed" our apple trees a few years back. Did I mention we don't have those trees anymore?
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice of you to take them cookies. The tree trimmers here go way overboard. Always makes me sad when I see them out there with their clippers.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)