Saturday, May 13, 2017

MOTHER'S DAY




Image may contain: 4 people
 Celebrating Mother's Day ~ Thought you might like to see my mom when she was the age I am now and me in my 40's.   She was a lovely and gentle lady, a faithful wife, and excellent mother and grandma.

This picture was taken in our oldest daughter's back yard.  These are Michel's two oldest children.  Michael, who is now a father of our great grandsons, and Monique who has been married for almost 3 years.

Where does the time go...it seems only yesterday that I held my children to by breast and smelled the wonderful baby smell.

Life is hard, and every day new situations seem to trouble us, but on Mother's Day.... I reflect on the blessing of my children.  Michel, Julie Myk and Jill.  I gave you life....but you have so blessed mine.
I love you all to the moon and far beyond...to heaven where my dear mother lives in everlasting glory.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 

24 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful tribute on Mothers Day. Yes where does the time go. Even though hard at times I wouldn't change a minute of it. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither would I. It's our life and our legacy.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful. Time just flies, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...I look at my dear mother, and my profile picture and say, yes, I am my mother's child.

      Delete
  3. I do so love seeing this photo of you and your mother. Did you call her mom or mother? I notice every year it's gets harder and harder to find a Morher's Day card that says 'mother!'
    Wishing you a beautiful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I called her "mother", sometimes I refer to her as mom, but I always addressed her as mother.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Christine and back to you. Happy Mother's Day.

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet photo! Happy Mother's Day, Wanda!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy..it's one of my favorites.

      Delete
  6. Wanda, That's a great photo. Happy Mother's Day to you. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. Blessing back to you.

      Delete
  7. Our little ones all grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe those little darlings are now adults.

      Delete
  8. That's a wonderful photo. Those days of babyhood are so fleeting and time marches on ... sometimes way too fast. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love old photo's...they are the memories my old brain forgets. Just got a text from Michael...how sweet. He still thinks of Grandma GG.

      Delete
  9. This is precious and such a beautiful memory to cherish.
    Happy Mother's Day, dear Wanda!
    xo❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cherish her so. Miss her every day.

      Delete
  10. Sweetness...gosh that photo could have been taken yesterday...where do the years go? Have a blessed Mother's Day🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me think of "Sunrise, Sunset". Where is the little girl I carried..Where is the little boy at play......"

      Delete
  11. Beautiful photo. Happy Mothers Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. That photo is such a treasure. I really wish I had more photos of my Mom and me together. Precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get out the bin in the storage on the balcony and look through my pictures again. Now everything is digital. My bin is full to the top....Should organize them....but not today....

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)