Saturday, May 6, 2017

A PRAYER FOR SUNDAY



 "I am content, O Father, to leave my life in Thy hands, believing that the very hairs on my head are numbered by Thee.  I am content to give over my will to Thy control, believing that I can find in Thee a righteousness that I could never have won for myself.  I am content to leave all my dear ones to Thy care, believing that Thy love for them is greater than my own.  I am content to leave in Thy hands the causes of truth and of justice, and the coming of Thy Kingdom in the hearts of men, believing that my ardour for them is but a feeble shadow of Thy purpose.  To Three, O God, be glory forever.  Amen."

This old style of speaking is so different to the way we communicate today, but I've been blessed for too many years to remember by this small but powerful Prayer Book ~ A Diary of Private Prayer by John Baillie.  It's been my daily prayer journal, along with with other journals and I'm now on my 4th book. (Amazon used books) Since they have a blank page on each day, they are filled with my heartfelt prayers and hopefully the legacy to leave to my family.

Do you keep a prayer journal.  I find that if I write out my prayers, I'm not so distracted.  Usually when I pray without the focus of writing it out, I think about what's for dinner, the laundry, the grocery list, the dog barking...on and on...for me, writing them out helps me keep at the task.  If I am interrupted, when I go back I know where I left off...  Also when I go back and re-read my old journals, I see how many prayers have been answered, and that give me new hope!

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY


4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a blessed Sunday and week ahead, dear Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear friend. Pray you are getting stronger and healthier every day. Hugs for a good Sunday.

      Delete
  2. No, not in the sense of writing out prayers in the way I see here. It is comforting and awesome in the true sense of the word to discover that He answers all prayers...not always as we'd like...but real, substantive answers. What a Savior!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read John Baillie's prayers, and then as my heart is touched I write out my own thoughts and prayers for my family etc. I don't rewrite his...I probably made that confusing. Everyone has a plan that works for them...main thing..Pray!!!

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)