Thursday, April 27, 2017

THURSDAY'S THIS AND THAT


A very nice surprise at the Dollar Store ~ pretty glass plates for a dollar ~ got four.

The ledge outside my kitchen window needed something ~ I think this filled the bill.

I really love our stairway in Spring...

Have a thing for Yellow this Spring ~ so pulled out my yellow and green quilt for the bed.  Nice change!

I'm overjoyed.....my cactus just produced a second bloom!!!
 
Last but not least ~ a Random Act of Kindness.  I was at the Dollar Store and the last bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar was on the top shelf at the very back.  I went to the front an ask for help.  They called for Customer Service and a very nice young lady met me with a step ladder.  I joking said "To bad I wasn't born beautiful instead of short"... She laughed an gave me a nice compliment that I was beautiful, and reminded her of her mom, who always fixed her hair and wore makeup.  Then she went on to tell me her mother had just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  I ask her if I could pray for her mom right there, and did.  I came home and couldn't get her off my mind...the Lord prompted me to take it a step further, so I made a loaf of banana bread, and wrote a card, sharing my concern and the gospel.  Added a "Daily Bread" devotional and delivered it this morning.  She was overjoyed, and said she was off tomorrow and would visit her mom and share the bread and card.
My new rule ~ If the Lord prompts you to do something ~ DO IT!

Hope you have a great week.

21 comments:

  1. God knew he could count on you to comfort that sweet mother and daughter. I believe the Holy Spirit whispers in our ear if we truly listen.
    I remember a song of long years ago that was sung at a Women's Retreat. Make Me Beautiful for Thee was the name and one of the lines was about 'hands to do thy work....'
    Wanda, you are truly beautiful! To God and everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, you are a sweet and gracious lady, and have we share a heart for others. I remember that song, and if we can be and hands and feet of Jesus...what better life could we live. Love you.

      Delete
  2. That brought a quick hot tear! You are beautifully in season in the most precious way. 2Timothy 4:2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee... I love that verse and looked it up to make sure, and yes, it was highlighted in my Bible. Our Spiritual Compass..the Word of God. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Love your random act of kindness. Yes the Lord's prompts do need to be acted upon.
    Just to let you know, Joe's wife (small group leader) passed away yesterday. It is such a blessing for her to finally be home with the Lord.
    That's all the info I know at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, I'm very sad to hear that, but as you say, a blessing after that long, long struggle. How wonderful that Joe had the small group for support during this grieving time.
      Love you dear Sue.

      Delete
  4. There are so many reasons why I love you!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And many why I love you back. Kindred spirits...Hugs.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your random act of kindness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. It was such a special moment. God is good~

      Delete
  6. Wanda, You are truly a beautiful lady inside and out. I know that meant so much to that young girl. Bless your sweet heart. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to continue the friendship if she is willing. Usually pancreatic cancer is so silent, it's almost always to late for treatment. I pray that the Lord will use me in her difficult time. You are a blessing to me Susie. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Oh, I love this....she will be so encouraged with that act of kindness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the kind of thing you do, and I love random acts of kindness. You know there seems to be "divine Moments" all the time, we just miss them sometimes. This was one of those moments "caught". I hope to keep in touch as I frequent the Dollar store often...HaHa

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. It was a really good feeling to do this.

      Delete
  9. And why would we expect anything less from a lovely woman like you Wanda...💕
    You give everyone hope...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope! Yes, something we all need in this troubled world. If I can spread a little hope... I will consider a blessing indeed. Hugs!

      Delete
  10. Wanda, I do not see that as a random act of kindness. I see intentional. You are intentional in all your kindnesses. What a blessing you are. Your pictures are lovely. And I love your header with the apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words. I have always thought an Apple Pie in a kitchen window is a lovely sight! So I painted it! HaHa.

      Delete
  11. You are so dear and so beautiful and so encouraging, my friend. What a thoughtful, loving thing to do.
    Those glass plates are very pretty and I love your quilt. Such lovely colours.
    Hugs and lots of love. xo❤

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)