Wednesday, April 12, 2017

SCRIBBLE PICNIC ~ RABBIT





A BUNNY TALE

Long ago in a dense part of the meadow, a mother rabbit gave birth to five bunnies.  Four boys and one little girl.

It was quite a surprise to find her sweet little girl was born without a tail.  All her brothers had fuzzy tails, but not little sister.  As she got older she noticed she was the only bunny in the meadow without a tail.  She cried to her mommy that she didn't like being different with no tail.  Mother, held her close and said it was because she was very special.  She was lovely like a flower.

The next day mother called her little girl in and told her to turn around.  I have made something very special for you.  Instead of an ordinary fuzzy bunny tail, I crocheted you  a  flower tail with many colors and from now on we will call you "Flower".  From that day on she was known as flower and realized just how special she was.  The End!

The theme this week was "rabbit" and when I was shopping at Kirkland Home, I saw a sign with a bunny with a flower for a tail.  I wanted something very simple so used measuring cups for my circles.   This was my inspiration for the painting, and the story just came to my head while I was doing it. 

This was a fun project this week.  I love bunnies and I love making up stories.  Maybe that has something to do with having 12 grandchildren, HaHa

To see all the other "rabbits" just click on the Scribble Picnic on my sidebar.  Hope you find some bunny eggs this weekend.



19 comments:

  1. Creativity just flows through your veins! That's a precious story and a sweet, sweet piece of art! Happy Easter to you and your Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are a lot alike, Wanda...except you have artistic talent! Love the story and the painting. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how adorable and I love the story! 12 grandchildren how blessed they are to have you! Wonderfully done :) Hope you are having a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo cute Wanda, and so is your story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a colorful bunny tail and tale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I need to get over to Kirkland for some inspiration! Such a cute story about Flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    I like the simplicity of your bunny. I also enjoyed seeing a bunny from behind with a cute flower tail. Sweet story too. That is also how most my words for my art happens, during or after. Lovely evening to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you your grandchildren love hearing such stories form their Nan. It's precious and so is the accompany piece. thank you for the lovely addition, Wanda, and for your comment on mine too. I left you a reply there, in case you did not see it. And yes, I totally remember your 75th! You look so good and are doing so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute drawing. lovely story, this is definitely something I would have written. & did you tell this tale to your 12 grandchildren and did they like it? I know I do.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute as anything Wanda...
    Happy Easter to you and your family...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wanda - very lovely story, and what a great way to draw a rabbit - one could easily teach children to draw that way. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I first looked at your bunny I thought - "that Wanda sure has a sense of humor, looks like the bunny sat on some jelly beans" but then I read your story and absolutely love it. What a great mama bunny and what a beautiful flower. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the story. So cool that you can tell stories like that. Love the bunny picture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wanda... This is such an adorable take on the theme. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet story for your rabbit drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet bunny butt
    Dappled with bloom
    Bet she's the most
    Popular in the room!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute bunny and FABULOUS tail. hee adore :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)