Saturday, April 15, 2017

SATURDAY ODDS AND ENDS

 We attended a Seder Thursday night at church and this little bouquet on the table was given to me.  Real daffodils.
 Haven't had a chance to get back to Trader Joe's, so bought a bouquet of "fake" daffodil's at the Dollar Store...actually they look pretty on the table.

 My cooking class this week did not include "cooking" but a summer salad that most of you have probably made in some form.  "Orange Fluff"

16 oz carton of cottage cheese
1 (3 oz) pkg orange jello (any flavor can be used)
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple (well drained)
1 (12 0z) carton whipped topping
1 small can mandarin oranges (cut in small pieces)

Sprinkle dry jello over cottage cheese and mix well.  Add the drained pineapple and mandarin oranges.  Fold in whipped topping.  Chill at least 30 minutes, but over night is better.
Enjoy!


We had a nice group of 9 ladies for the class.  And I served chicken salad sandwiches and chips with the Orange Fluff.  It was a big hit.  The one we ate I made the night before.  The one we made in class they each got to take home a container.


 The view from my kitchen window ~ where I spend a lot of time.  Love this view.

The view from the Balcony ~ another favorite spot.

Looking forward to Resurrection Sunday tomorrow.   He is Alive!!! Bless His Holy Name.

9 comments:

  1. We call it Fluffy Salad and I have a big bowl of in the fridge right now! I added pecans and diced canned apricots to this one.

    You are the Hospitality Queen of the Villas! I love that about you! You have such a heart for others and it shows in every single thing you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daffodils are maybe the most cheerful flowers! I like the view from the balcony. What a sweetheart you are to prepare lunch for your cooking class. I think I may have had that salad a time or two. Linda's right about saying you are the Hospitality Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, you definitely know how to make a house a home. I love your touches. Haven't had "Orange Fluff" in years. think I may have to make it again sometime.
    Have a wonderful Easter and I will be messaging you soon. I have so much to catch up on after being gone for 2 weeks. Love and miss you and Don.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, I love this stuff. It's the only way I will eat cottage cheese. I think I'll make some for tomorrow. Blessings to you and your husband. Happy Easter, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fake daffodils look real from here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love daffodils and can't wait to see ours in bloom!!!!
    I have not had the "fluff salad" in years..but I loved it!
    Wishing you and your hubby a blessed Easter. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. A blessed Easter to you. I've learned something new, I'd never heard of orange fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't had orange fluff in years... yum!
    Beautiful daffodils. So cheery.
    I don't see the gentleman who helps the class eat. He'll be sorry he missed orange fluff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will interest you to know that the daffodils on my table are fake too! I think they are in vogue this year because one cannot tell if they are real or not. Kinda like fake news! :)
    I am wondering if I drain the mandarin oranges or not. I think I will Google it to find the recipe. Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)