Monday, April 24, 2017

A BEAUTIFUL SERVICE FOR A HONORABLE MAN


Our trip up North for the funeral of our dear friend Bret Conner was a truly God blessed service.  He was a retired mounted police officer and the Bagpipes, and mounted horses led the procession to the graveside.  So very touching, I can hardly type as I remember the emotions I felt.

Thank you for your love and prayers, as many of you have held us in your hearts and prayers over the past months as we have lost several dear friends.   The good news is they are celebrating in Heaven and God gets the glory.

On now to a busy week.  Today I'm making Banana Bread and Muffins for the husband of our manager at the Villa.  He didn't want a birthday cake...he wanted my Banana bread.  So be it!!!

 

10 comments:

  1. That must have been such an emotional and beautiful service for your dear friend. It is wonderful to know the true promise of seeing them again one day in heaven.
    Happy banana bread making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for the loss of such a fine man. The bagpipes get me everytime! I find it very, very emotional. God bless you this week- xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, Bagpipes just seem to make a funeral somewhat grand. I know the feeling you had. So many police depts. and also bagpipes were at my brother Miles' funeral and his wife Brenda's. They died together, as God knew best. A semi ran over there car as Miles pulled off the road to avoid it. He was just ready to take an early retirement from the Indiana state police. His wife Brenda work the LaGrange county sheriff's dept as dispatch. They were just 49 and 50.
    What an honor that your banana bread is preferred over b-day cake. :):) Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hard to say goodbye, yet what happy times they are enjoying there. Won't it be wonderful there?

    High praise that you have a request for banana bread...gotta be fantastic if it beats cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very moving and emotional, I'm sure. The bagpipes elicit such strong feelings. And those standing in uniform pull at the heartstrings.
    Blessings to you, dear friend, and to the family and friends affected.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful service....I love the pomp and circumstance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings of peace and comfort. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pray you feel the arms of Jesus holding you close. Heaven will be quite the reunion.
    And I love banana bread too. It's one of my fa.vorites.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH. HOW. TOUCHING! God really did answer our prayers about this service and your safety.

    The manager's husband who wants your banana bread in stead of cake, knows a good thing when he sees it! I have your recipe, thank you, and it is the best banana bread I have ever eaten

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)