Friday, March 31, 2017

CHANGES INSIDE AND OUT

Click to Enlarge

With Spring arriving, I wanted to lighten up our living room.  The couches are dark grey and taupe and needed something bright.  I decided on Goldenrod and Silver pillows, a new throw for the couch and some sunflowers for the coffee table.  I want to replace the rug under the coffee table, but haven't found the one I want.  Looking for a light grey or white.  The floors are dark, so the light rug will help brighten the room.  What do you think?
 

The change outside is new artificial turf on the playground.  It originally had a brick colored mat.  I love the new green.
 

This is a neighbor lady and her Shih Tzu, Cody.  He's 9 years old and Molly will be 13 July 30th.  They have become friends as we see them when we are taking our walks.   I see the caution tape was still up when I shot this picture.  Now it's all finished and the children are loving it.

13 comments:

  1. Like the look of the pillows and the sunflowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new area outside for the kids. I think your new pillows, etc., really do brighten things up. I like things lighter for Spring, too. Hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, What a beautiful play ground area. I love it. I like the idea that you are looking for a rug to brighten up your room. Maybe something that has that Goldenrod color, in your new throw and pillows. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little apartment and the way you fill up the space. There is plenty of room to move around and it always feels cozy and welcoming. And I love your "backyard" too.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful touches to brighten the room, then again, you do have an artistic eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very fresh Wanda..,great job!
    Enjoy the weekend...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your room. You have such a decorators eye. A few simple additions and it's a whole new room. A+++ and 3 gold stars...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pops of color in your living room. The sunflowers really tie is all together. The pillows soften the room and give it a summertime feeling. Nice job, Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the spring touches! We've had one day warm enough to open the windows for an afternoon! I'm looking forward to properly airing out the house and lightening up a few things, too! Can't wait to see what rug you end up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That green in the playground just makes it look idyllic. The spring touches are wonderful! Love the yellow throw and now have my gears turning about ways to brighten my space as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wanda, I wanted to stop by to tell you how much I appreciate your prayers for my surgery last Monday. Diana posted a prayer request on her blog and I am full of gratitude! I am slowly recovering but wanted you to know how very much I appreciate you thinking of me. :-) Love your blog and I look forward to following along and getting to know you better! Have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the new take. Fresh and airy... little dabs of sunshine!
    Playground looks fun, too. I'll race you to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree house actually lives in a garden, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)