Saturday, January 21, 2017

THOUGHTS FOR SUNDAY





Grace Moments by Max Lucado

I CHOOSE SELF-CONTROL

I am a spiritual being . . .
After this body is dead, my spirit will soar.
I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal.
I choose self-control.  I will be drunk only by joy.
I will be impassioned only by faith.
I will be influenced only by God.
I will be taught only by Christ.
I choose self-control.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
To these I commit my day.
If I succeed, I will give thanks.
If I fail, I will seek grace.
And then, when this day is done,
I will place my head on my pillow
and rest.

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful writing, Wanda. He is my husband's favorite author and I like him, too.
    Have a blessed Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Max Lucado! Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Sunday inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only the church actually did this we;d all be better off!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)