Thursday, January 19, 2017

RECIPE FOR BREAKFAST CASSEROLE



 Had several requests for the recipe of the breakfast casserole I made for the Cooking Class at the Villa.  It was very tasty.  My dearest sampled the corner. HaHa

I think you could substitute sausage for the ham for an option.
 
BRUNCH STRATA

1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3 small zucchini, chopped or thinly sliced
2 medium onions  chopped (approx. 1 ½  cup)
2 cups cubed ham
2 garlic cloves (minced)
½ cup half/half
2  8 oz pkg. cream cheese
12 eggs, lightly beaten
4 cups day old bread cubed
3 cups shredded cheese
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper

1.    In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.  Add vegetables and ham.  Cook and stir until vegetables are tender.  Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer.  Drain and pat dry.
2.    In a large bowl,  beat the cream cheese and cream until smooth.  Gradually beat in the eggs.  Stir in the remaining ingredients and vegetable mixture.
3.    Transfer into a greased baking dish.  Bake uncovered at 350 degree for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.  Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Served at Wanda’s Cooking Class
Taste of Home Annual Recipes (2014) Page 144

8 comments:

  1. Oh my... I want some right this minute! Looks pretty, too. Your cooking class participants are lucky to have you. Wish I lived at the Villa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe speaks "Good Morning 🌞 Sunshine!" Looks sooooo yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful, Wanda. I love a good breakfast casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cooking class is so fortunate to have you as the instructor. They are learning so much about good food. The breakfast casserole looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never seen a breakfast casserole with zucchini in it and it intrigued me. I must try this. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)