Monday, January 16, 2017

A NEW BISQUICK AND AND A FUN SUNDAY

 Bisquick has a new "Heart Smart" variety.  Less calories and using skim milk.  I picked it up to use at the upcoming cooking class at the Villa.  
 I made a small batch of cinnamon rolls this morning using the new Bisquick.  They are lighter and of course I ruined the "heart smart" with my famous drizzle...oh well. They sure tasted good.
Also going to use it to make a strudel for the class. 

Sunday was such a fun day.  I spent it with our son's wife, which I call the daughter of my heart.
We started our day together at MiMi's for a delicious breakfast, and was so busy visiting, didn't get a picture. 
After breakfast, a trip to "Kirkland Home", where Chelenne found a cute sign for her bathroom.

"Wash Your Hands
Say Your Prayers
Cause, Jesus and Germs
Are Everywhere"

Then on to Kohl's, Marshals and Trader Joe's.  Finishing the day with a walk in Old Town Monrovia and a ice cream at Cold Stone.  The picture above is a new statue in from of the old theater depicting an camera man of the past making his film.

I've been wanting to have a day with Chelenne as she is a very busy mom on line college student and pre-school teacher.  

How was your Sunday?
 

8 comments:

  1. Your DIL looks like a lovely person. I also have a 'daughter-of-the-heart. Aren't we blessed?
    I have seen that new Bisquick. Glad it is good and I will try it soon.
    Hope you have a great rest of the week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun day! Love it. I haven't bought Bisquick in years! I'm sure the drizzle didn't ruin the health factor too much. haha. Your rolls look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sunday seems like a real holiday. How fun to do it with your Daughter of your heart.
    Our Sunday was pretty ordinary. Church in the AM, lunch with our friends Lynne and Karen, browsing FB and watching football. Very lazy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my those rolls look delicious. That's wonderful that you and your daughter-in-law are close, I loved my Mother-in-law dearly and miss her every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of that new Bisquick. I will have to look for it. Those rolls look fantastic. So glad you had a great day with your daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your DIL looks lovely - how nice to be able to share time with her.
    Yummm to the rolls and Yay to shopping. Fun way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two really know how to spend a day. Food at the beginning and food at the end with shopping packed in between. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gonna try their Gluten free Bisquick mix and make the cinnamon rolls. Yours look delish !!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)