Friday, December 9, 2016

LET THE CHRISTMAS BAKING BEGIN!







All my little helpers are in the kitchen and ready to get baking for Christmas.  Will be making a wonderful fruit and nut Holiday Fruitcake.  I may be the only one that likes it, but "Oh Well, more for me"  HaHa.  It's just full of candied cherries, pineapple, golden raisins, pecans and walnuts.  Very little batter and loads of "crunch".


Made pulp this morning from the bag of persimmons Michel gave me, and half of it made 5 small loaves of Persimmon Bread.  Some of these little ones will be mailed out to friends.
I will be making my mom's English Toffee, Banana Bread, and several kinds of Christmas cookies.

What is on your Baking Menu?

PS.  Thanks for all your comments and prayers.  The service for our dear friend was wonderful, and our travels were safe.





9 comments:

  1. Wanda, I love your little helpers. LOL But I kind of doubt you ever need help baking. :):) It all sounds very good too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fruit cake, your baking sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fruit cake fan. Will be making loads of cookies, banana nut bread, gingerbread men and a red velvet cake over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom always made fruitcake...just for her. haha. I really don't mind it. It reminds me of my childhood, that is for sure. I can't find persimmons here! Every year I want to bake that bread when you talk about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm, All your goodies sound so good.
    Persimmon bread and banana bread are my favorites. I think I am the only one in my family that likes fruit cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas kitchen is adorable! I have not yet begun to bake. Perhaps I do not need to. I have enjoyed seeing what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cookies are the big thing in my kitchen. I make 12 bags of a dozen cookies each that I give out at church on the Sunday nearest Christmas. I've done it for years and it has become a tradition. The first 12 people I see are the ones that get the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your helpers are so cute! I like fruitcake, too, but can't have it this year.
    I am not really a cook or a baker but I am sure that over the holidays I will indulge a little bit in goodies that others bake or homemade goodies from the Market.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May I suggest a traditional English plum/figgy/christmas pudding? I think your friends and fam might try it as so many in the USA have heard of it in stories and song but never actualyl had it! Plus, it is the best fruity type thing out there! :) Good luck ,
    I am making my famous lemon shortbread. :) Only slightly lemony.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)