Friday, December 2, 2016

A NEW HEADER AND ANOTHER TRIP

This was the scene for the "Carols and Cookies" at the Church Wednesday evening.  I love the way the cross makes the shadows to become three crosses. 
 
The music was just beautiful and the cookies delicious.
 
My new header "Holy Night" is my Willow Tree Nativity.  It was gifted to me by two special friends.  The latest was the Three Wise Men.  They just complete the set so perfectly.  See the camel in the background?  What would we do without friends?

We had a sad phone call to tell us a dear friend had passed away in his sleep several nights ago.  He served for many, many years in the church my dearest pastored for 27 years.  The family has ask Pastor Don to have the funeral service, so we will leave Monday for another trip up North.  It's been a hard couple of month's losing two very special men in our lives.

Would appreciate your prayers.

 

13 comments:

  1. You and Don will be in our prayers. I'm so sorry. It's hard to loose special friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue....This has been a hard month of loss...but both of these wonderful men are celebrating heaven!!! And that's Good!!

      Delete
  2. So sorry! Safe travels! Slipping away to heaven in your sleep....what a wonderful way to go.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy. So true, if you could choose your way to enter heaven, going to sleep, and waking up to see Jesus...Wonderful way to go.

      Delete
  3. Prayers for you and his family Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. Prayers for Sunday have been scheduled.

      Delete
  4. Wanda, Sorry about the loss of your friends and pastor. Please be safe on the roads. I love your nativity. Hugs and blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It been a hard month of loss, but as I said in my reply to Sue...both men are celebrating heaven.

      Delete
  5. Sorry for your loss, the winter often calls our friends and family home. The picture from you church is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true Janet. My Dad (1968) Christmas, my mom (1991) Thanksgiving.

      Seems sadder when it's near a holiday.
      They decorate the tress with just lights at the church..it's so beautiful.

      Delete
    2. I didn't realize you had losses during the holidays too.
      Dave's Dad, Dec. 18 and my Mom Dec. 26. so I do understand the emotions that swirl around this time of year.

      Delete
  6. In fact, Sue. We buried Don's mother on Michel's Birthday. Buried my dad on Don's Birthday, and Jill had her terrible car accident on Good Friday. Go figure...we never know...the time or date when these things happen. So glad we don't know in advance..what stress that would cause. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Nativity scene is very special and makes a lovely header, Wanda. So peaceful.
    Again, I am so sorry for your loss and so glad that Don and you are able to be there for the family and celebrate his life together. So difficult, particularly during the holidays.
    Safe travels, my friend. Sending love and light. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)