Saturday, November 12, 2016

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

Since my birthday in May, it seems like we have been singing Willie Nelson's song  "On the Road Again".

The trip to Tahoe to celebrate our friends Bob and Barbara's 50th Anniversary, then a trip to Tucson to celebrate Kris and Ted's 50th.  Home for a short time and another trip to celebrate Howard's life at his memorial service, the Baby Shower, and last weekend the Wedding....Who said retired life was sitting on the porch sipping ice tea?  HaHa

Well today was just as busy, but it was HERE!  We made our Monrovia Run ~ The car wash, the bank, the library, Trader Joe's and a quick Mac Griddle.

Got home and saw a house that needed my attention.  Cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom, same with the kitchen and mopped all the floors.  Made two loaves of Banana Bread, and gave Don leftover spaghetti for dinner.

Made a fresh pot of coffee and having a piece of banana bread!  Nice ending to a busy but nice day.   As my banner says "Home is where the heart is" and that's where mine was today.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Love to travel, love to go, but even more I love to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That banana bread sounds good. I have your recipe. I should go make some. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is lovely, I love your header and background. I absolutely love banana bread! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get your energy???
    Yumm the banana bread sounds delicious. I do love to travel but right now home feels pretty good. Dave is fighting a nasty cold and I feel sort of blah myself. Stayed home from church...didn't want to annoy anyone with our sniffling and sneezes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice productive day!

    Yes, you have run around like young kids! haha....all fun stuff but I'm sure you're ready to settle in to a routine right there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your life is surely blessed! Happy Sunday Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah- Wasn't that a joke about retirement being a 'quiet' time of life with time to sit around and do nothing but read, eat bon-bons and relax. That was a lie! lol

    I like an 'at home' day once in a while, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, sitting around sipping tea has not been a part of our retirement either. I guess we better not complain. Better to be running around and doing those thing than lying around in a nursing home looking out the window. Banana bread sounds good. I baked some a couple of weeks ago, banana apple oatmeal walnut. It was so good.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)