Thursday, October 27, 2016

OBJECT LESSON AT THE VILLA


This morning as I carried a load of laundry to the Laundry Room, I noticed a clump of dead leaves hanging in a most lovely green tree.

 Upon on closer investigation saw the reason.  It had broken off from the branch and the source of life.

John 15:5-7 "I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers........If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."

Object lessons are all around us if we will just notice.  I don't want to become a clump of dried leaves, ready for the trash....Lord help me to remain in the Vine, and be nourished by the life giving source.

We will be gone for the weekend as we're attending the Memorial Service for Don's cousin's husband.  Pray for a safe trip and that my dearest, who will be speaking at the Memorial service will bring comfort to the family and hope to those feeling this terrible loss.

 

12 comments:

  1. Wanda, Sorry about the loss of a loved one. I pray your trip to and from will be safe. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we're not attached to the Life Source we whither and die.
    Great illustration.
    Praying for journey mercies and for Don's words of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband preached a message on this very passage a few months back using an illustration of a tree that had blown over in our neighborhood during a wind storm. God gives us illustrations of His truth no matter where we look.

    Praying for a safe journey for you and for Don as he brings the funeral message. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT object lesson, Wanda. So many times we miss those little signs along the way even though they are all around us.

    Praying for safe passage for you and your hubby and that he speaks words that comfort and uplift. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an inspiration, I'm so sorry for your loss, you are both such an inspiration, safe journey,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your trip and the message too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A powerful image to illustrate a hard reality. Yes, have asked God to bless your time with family and to provide great comfort in this time of grief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great illustration! And how observant of you! Safe travels...so sorry....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The view from your treehouse is interesting. Leave it to you to come up with an object lesson. Proves you have good thoughts! I am sorry for the loss in your family. It is a good opportunity to give comfort. Praying for your trip and for the message.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless you, so sorry for the loss. Yes, you are so right, we must stay connected to the Vine in order the continue to grow and flourish. After 30+ years of walking with the Lord, I pray everyday for it to grow deeper. It is easy sometimes to get into "auto pilot" mode in my walk. I am fighting that and trying to cultivate new fruit by abiding closely and nourishment through the Word. So important!

    Blessings,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)