Saturday, September 10, 2016

CHANGES PLACES


It was amazing how quickly I got out of my "blog funk" when I changed places with my laptop.  My dearest and I share the "media" room as we call it.  Both of our desks and computers, the TV, the radio, his recliner and my rocking chair, and of course one of Molly's beds. (She's spoiled ~ one in the media room one in the bedroom.) Usually the TV is on and we are both on our computers, so their is voices and noise and I think I just lost interest in try to concentrate.  When I decided to spend some time on the balcony with my computer, it brought a whole new perspective!!!
 
 We hung our Flags to remember 911 and pray we never have to see that happen on our soil again.  Many tributes and ceremonies will recall that day, and the brave men and women who were the first responders. Prayers and love will be offered to all the families that still feel the loss of that day.



I took a little "day trip" by myself to Monrovia.  A visit to Mimi's where I sat outside.  It was a warm day, and I was the only one who ventured out in the patio.  It was lovely and private.  Just what I needed.



I started with a "skinny" vanilla latte. That mound of whipped cream rather made a wash of the "skinny" part.  HaHa.
 

Then my favorite ~ "French Onion Soup" but just a cup, not a bowl.
 
A basket of nice bread and butter to finish it off.

It's been a nice break, perhaps a little frustrating being in a "blog funk", but when I started visiting my blog friends, and realized just how much a part of my life you are, it was time to come back.

As I feel the breeze and see the flags flowing on the balcony, I'm so thankful for all God's blessing, and for loving us unconditional, whether happy, sad, sick or just in a silly"funk".

 

14 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!!!!
    Love your change of scenery. It was a perfect move. Love your Tree House and that balcony.
    Maybe we can sit and chat out on the patio when you come. The weather should be perfect then.
    Monrovia sounds like a delightful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did leave a message to your message on FB private message. I think we are both bouncing between blog and FB. Just wanted to let you know.

      Delete
  2. We are truly blessed to have lived all our lives in this country with all our freedoms and privileges. I'm glad you got out of your funk and took a little trip and just enjoyed the day. Your treehouse view is delightful. I think we all get in somewhat of a funk sometimes. Nice coming out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll never forget that day, our flag is very precious to us and we fly it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy return to blogland, Wanda. It is a special place, isn't it? I have missed it while I was away and don't know how much time I will actually have to post in the next few weeks.

    What a nice little day trip you took by yourself. I like doing that, too, and haven't done it in a long time. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back Wanda! I love your love of life (and good food!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanda, Your meal look very good. I love to eat outside. As long as bugs stay away. Hope you enjoy your breezy new spot to blog. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cafe looks like a nice place to dine and to hang out. I always choose outside if I have a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been in a blog funk too. There are several reasons, but I keep plodding on because I would miss all my friends if I stepped out for too long. I've missed you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to blog funks Wanda. I enjoyed the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your balcony and can feel the breeze coming in. Your plants are lovely. Your flags are a nice touch to commemorate 9/11.

    A vanilla latte, onion soup and bread will get anyone out of a blogging funk. It all looks and sounds delicious!

    Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wanda, It's been a long time and I came looking to see if you were still blogging. Happy to see that you are! You may not recognize my name--you knew me at Ruth Douillette (Upstream and Down blog). I recognize the need for a change to get blooging again. I took a long break and am finally (I hope) making my way back. I'll be checking in on you again. Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Balcony Blogging Best
    Flags, Food, French (onion soup)
    Missed Memory Making

    Welcome Back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's very well, Wanda. Welcome back!

    OK, I suppose the balcony works for you then as the weather never gets too cold. lol. Would not work here or in CO but then again, why not take advantage of the inspiring tree house spot when you have it. But two beds for Molly? Really? :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)