Tuesday, August 30, 2016

ODDS AND ENDS


 Took a little trip to the Community Thrift store and came home with a couple of treasures.  This Fall platter is 10x13 and perfect for serving up some treats to my Tuesday morning Ladies Bible Study that starts in a couple weeks.


I love the lacy pattern on this very small platter.  I can never resist a platter or a tray!!!

 It's only 9" long but just so pretty.  Perhaps a slice of brie and a few strawberries would look perfect on it.


When we moved into Villa Ramona a couple years ago, Willie (above) was the maintenance man for the complex.  A wonderful man and his little granddaughter was born with many physical issues.  She spent most of her first months in the hospital, have a bone marrow transplant, and two series of chemo. We prayed for her every day.  That's Willie's wife.
 One year later, we were invited to share in her first birthday last Saturday.  She's doing so good, improving every day.  She wasn't to happy when Don and I took her from grandpa...but wanted a picture for the refrigerator to remind us to keep praying.


Spent the afternoon after my tooth extraction at our daughter Julie and she made me a soft smoothie since my mouth was so sore and I hadn't eaten anything that day.  I was so impressed...Don took me shopping the other day and we came home with our own Magic Bullet.  Smoothies, quacamole, salsa....the list goes on.
 
This is THE END of a marvelous breakfast at MiMi's.  Didn't think of taking a picture until the last bite was gone, and the latte finish still holding my lipstick mark.  HaHa.
It was a Cream Cheese, Marmalade stuffed French Toast, two eggs over medium and crisp bacon.  You should have see it!!!

 

22 comments:

  1. HI Wanda!
    I am a sucker for platters too! I have lots!
    I see your Fall decorating can start with this sweet tray!
    Oh that poor wee doll...sending good wishes...
    Enjoy your evening...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda. Platters and Trays...my downfall. But I do use them almost everyday..and the trays are so handy to take when sharing a dessert or dinner.

      Delete
  2. so sorry about the little girl.

    Love your Thrift store finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a hard year, but she is now doing so much better.

      Love what we call "junking".

      Delete
  3. You have the best luck at the thrift store. That's wonderful that the little girl is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some really good Thrift Stores in our area. Little Stephanie is doing so good now. Every day a little stronger.

      Delete
  4. I have a weakness for platters, too! haha. ...and for thrift stores. :)
    Glad you're feeling well enough to eat....breakfast sounds delish!
    Sweet little one....glad she's doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice "soft" breakfast and after a few days of smoothies, real food sure tasted good.

      Stephanie is a little Miracle.

      Yes, I love the platter you find and show us.

      Delete
  5. Wanda, I loved the platters you bught...so cute and will be handy. Blessings to the baby, pray she will get well soon. Glad you can eat now. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about platters...they just pull me in and always jump in my cart.
      Little Stephanie is doing so good now. Will keep praying.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely tray for fall, but I really like the white platter. So sweet. I am glad the little girl is doing well. What a hard thing for a child to endure and for parents and grandparents to have to go through. We used to go to Mimi's and I'm not sure we have one around anymore. The muffins were always good. We have s couple of Magic Bullets. My DH ordered one from tv and got an extra one with it. They are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We take turns taking treats to our Women's Bible Study, and I think this will be perfect for some pumpkin bread or scones.

      Loving our Magic Bullet.

      It was a very tough first year, but she seems to be getting stronger now every day. God is good.

      Delete
  7. Hope that your mouth is feeling more calmed down every day...smoothies sound very good for tooth extraction days. Wish I weren't looking at another of those days myself. What a sweet little girl. Glad that she is doing so much better...she's been through a lot as has her family. Will pray for her as she comes to mind and when I see her pic on your fridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vee. Sometimes we need reminders, and I love that the refrigerator severs that purpose too.

      I'll be thinking about you with your upcoming "tooth" troubles.

      Delete
  8. You made me laugh with your empty dish and cup. I did the same thing the other day. Didn't think to take a picture until the plate was empty. So glad that sweet baby is doing so much better. It's hard for anyone to go through that but especially a little baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa, I was hoping someone would think it was funny. It's really ugly, but it was beautiful before I took the first bite.
      We are thrilled little Stephanie is doing so well now.

      Delete
  9. Oh I just love that fall platter and the lacy dish! Your food presentations will be lovely on these pieces.

    I bought a Magic Bullet a few weeks ago, and wish I knew some good drinks to make. So far, I used it to smooth lumpy gravy and it worked like a charm! :)

    That little child is so precious. God bless her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to putting something pretty and tasty on both of them.

      I don't really use a recipe, but put strawberries, blueberries, banana, handfull of spinach and some vanilla yogurt.
      Made some real tasty quacamole.
      My dearest like the milk shakes..HaHa

      Delete
  10. Love your thrifty finds and I can't wait to see what yummy recipe you will display on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummm, yummm, yummm, that breakfast sounds fabulous.
    That's the way most of our meals get photographed...not....I never think to take it when the food comes.
    I absolutely love your thrift store finds. That Fall tray is gorgeous. Thank heavens it was at your store. If we had been shopping together we may have had to wrangle over it...(:0) Wrote you a follow up message on FB private message. Praising the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wee Stephanie is a trooper!
    Love the platters... especially the white one.
    Mmmmm... brekkie went poof!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)