Saturday, July 30, 2016

TUCSON AND BEYOND

Tucson is beautiful.  Unbelievable mountain ranges, and such a variety of cactus and plants.  I took almost 300 pictures and can't get my collage template to work, so I'll share a few of my favorites.

 We stayed in the Wycliffe apartments to accommodate retired missionaries or those on furlough.  They rent out available ones for visitors of Wycliffe missionaries.  It was very cute and I watched birds, roadrunners and rabbits out the window.
 The occasion for the trip was to celebrate Kris and Ted's 50th Anniversary.

 The setting was wonderful.


 
The room where it was held reminded them of their home in the village with the brick walls and red painted cement floor.  The dinner was absolutely delicious.

Don and I were thrilled to be part of their celebration and spend time with all the family and friends.  It was a weekend celebration.
Tuesday morning, after all the other guests and family had headed for home, Ted, Kris me and Don headed for Tombstone and Bisbee for a overnight holiday.

We stopped by the famous Tombstone Boothill Graveyard.  We've known our friend "George Johnson" for years, and we found a marker that I just had to take a picture to send to him.

"Here lies George Johnson
Hung by mistake 1882
He was wright
We was wrong
But we strung him up
and now he's gone!

Kris and I spotted a couple of Lawmen and they were gracious to let us have a picture with them before they headed off to the OK Coral.   
More on Tombstone and Bisbee tomorrow.


18 comments:

  1. Wanda, I love all your pictures. Looks like a truly fun time with good friends. You ladies look pretty too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie ~ This was truly a trip to put in the record books. Best ever!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful time you had. Congrats to your friends on their 50th anniversary. That's a lifetime. You are too cute posing with those lawmen. Poor George Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. It a little brochure they gave us at Boothill, it said George Johnson bought a stolen horse unaware....oops.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great adventure! Maybe you need to write a book and name it, Don and Wanda's Great Adventures. You'd have a few more to add, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe we have enough stories for a book...not sure who would read it. HaHa. My blog is my book!

      Delete
  4. Your summer has been filled with such fun trips! Congrats to your good friends on their anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a wonderful summer, Betsy. I don't remember another one like it.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you're having a great time. We've gone to Tombstone too and thought it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been so fun. Did you also go to Bisbee?

      Delete
  6. thanks for sharing the photos, what fun you are having

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Hope to get back to visiting and commenting one of these days...

      Delete
  7. What a fun vacation. I'm so glad you could do this and enjoy your life-long friends.
    Great photos and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been so fun. I haven't spent this much time with Kris since college.

      Delete
  8. Hi Wanda...
    So nice that you have been getting away this summer..
    you always look so smartly dressed!!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda...it has been a non~stop summer! Loving it. Thanks for the compliment. My daughter took me shopping for my birthday. She did good.

      Delete
  9. Thought I left a comment, but it has vanished.
    What fun you've had! And those law men look like they have things under control... for the moment anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a saying! All the photos, btw, look so warm there. I coudl do with some of that about now, actually. :) So glad you got to go adn well done to your freinds! Also, it is wonderful there even is a place like that for retired missionaries. Now, they jsut need one for retired ministers (and their wives*) too! Wouldn't that be great?
    * I should clarify, each minister with ONE wife! lol.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)