Sunday, July 10, 2016

ON THE ROAD AGAIN...HEADING HOME

~~Good bye Tahoe ~~

 Our next stop from Tahoe was Rocklin. (near Sacramento) A couple of nights with our dear friends Dave and Sue.  Sue and I met on the Blog about 7 years ago, and became dear friends and she's a sister in Christ.  You can find her blog here.
The day we arrived their Church "Bayside" in Granite Bay, was having a "Celebrate Recovery" night. 

 Both Sue and Dave are faithful servants in their church and do so much "behind the scenes" to make a difference.  You will usually find them in the kitchen.

 Since Don and I were there....we grabbed aprons and enjoyed visiting and serving the group before the program.


 Two bearded cooks in the kitchen...a little scary ~ Where are your hairnets boys  HaHa
Their church has a wonderful Recovery Program that reaches out to those with addictions in love and help.  The Recovery group was sponsoring the American Motorbike Challenge.  One man, one bike hitting every State to raise money for Teen Challenge in Scotland.

It was great sharing this "ministry" evening with our friends and hearing about the Motorbike Challenge.

Two more stops on the way home...but didn't get any pictures.
Lunch and a visit with friends we had not seen in 38 years.  Small world ~ a picture in a Church Directory brought us back in contact with them.

Final night with Don's cousins in Bakersfield.  A wonderful meal, great visit and a good bed.  Next morning we were heading home!!

Hope I haven't worn you out...traveling can be fun and exhausting.  Thanks for coming along.

20 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying my travels with you. How great to be able to participate with your friends. I bet they were grateful for the extra hands.
    I like seeing the bearded cooks... maybe they could start their own cooking show! Bearded Bon Appetit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun taking you along. I always love your wit and humor. Yes, the Bearded Bon Appetit!!! Love it.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your having some fun on your trip and that is what matters. I love the idea of the recovery program. It's nice to know that others are serving too. The world needs more of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. It has been a fun and meaningful trip. Oh the wonderful work the Recovery Program does. Changes lives. God is good.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful trip, meeting up with so many dear friends along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been wonderful. How fortunate we are to have friends up and down California that we can stop and visit.

      Delete
  4. Wanda, So sweet of you and your husband to just jump right in and help . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think God just wired me and my dearest with servant hearts. Love doing this.

      Delete
  5. you have so many good friends, what a lovely holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank the Lord every day for the friendships we have. Blog and otherwise. It seems the longer you live, the more friends you acquire. Love it.

      Delete
  6. You and Sue are the dynamic duo! So great to read of your exploits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you know, Bob, us gals love to work together. A deep and rich friendship.

      Delete
  7. Great photos and we are so glad we became friends through the blogs.
    Thanks for all your willing help on the event. It was fun doing it together.
    Missing you already and can't wait until October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I get that feeling of hanging up blogging....I think of the friends I would not have met...and that keeps me going too. Love you tons.

      Delete
  8. How fun to see you and Sue together! Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a dear friend.....and close enough to visit in person...Wish you were that close. As I type this, we are home safe and sound.

      Delete
  9. What a great trip! You never know, I might squeeze in a summer trip somewhere along the line too. It could happen.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what's summer is for, isn't it? HaHa

      Delete
  10. Oh Wanda, it looks like you've had a delightful time away. You are simply glowing, my friend :)

    Happy hugs and sweet love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. The joy of the Lord is my "Glow"....Love you.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)