Tuesday, July 12, 2016

COOKING CLASS ~ BANANA SPLIT DELIGHT


 Banana Split Delight was the recipe for our cooking class this month.  (Recipe below)


Several factors made for a very small class today.  Much going on at the Villa and a flyer didn't get posted.  But whether we have 10 or 2...I'm a happy camper and enjoy teach those that show up a new recipe.

 Carolina and Pat were the only ones who came so the three of us had a very nice time.  Here I'm having Carolina add the banana layer.
 Pat is a dear lady who deals with many health issues, but a faithful follower of the Cooking Class.

 I told them "All the more for us"  HaHa.  The manager did get to come late after a visit from someone from the corporate office, and we invited Eric the maintenance man to join us for a slice.

The rest we sent home with those who came!!

It's a wonderful summer dessert that can be made the day before the event!

 
BANANA SPLIT DELIGHT

Ingredients

Graham Cracker Crust

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cube butter ~ melted
2 tbsp. sugar
pinch of kosher salt

Cream Filling

8 oz (1 pkg) cream cheese (room temperature)
¼ cup sugar
8 oz cool whip

Fruit layer

3 bananas thinly sliced
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (well drained)
1 lb. strawberries  ~ Thinly sliced or chopped

Toppings

8 oz Cool Whip
Chocolate syrup ~ drizzle
Maraschino cherries

DIRECTIONS:
1.     Grease a 9”x13” baking dish
2.     In a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and a pinch of salt.  Mix until evenly combined.  Press into baking dish.  Refrigerate until set (15 min.)
3.     Make cream filling.  In a large bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy, 5 minutes.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Spread mixture evenly onto crust.
4.     To cream layer, add even layers of bananas, crushed pineapple and strawberries.  Top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with crushed walnuts.  Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
5.     When ready to serve, garnish with chocolate syrup and a cherries.

Cooking Class 7/12/16 with Wanda

ENJOY!

19 comments:

  1. I have this recipe and it tastes exactly like a banana split! SO good! Great choice for your class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I've made it. It was really good, and everyone was happy that we only had a small class so they could take home more. HaHa

      Delete
  2. Oh yummy. Wanda. That looks so pretty too. Well some one will have a good dessert for their supper. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks pretty on a dessert plate too, but the graham cracker crust didn't come out as easy as I wanted. Non-stick or more butter next time.

      Delete
  3. Looks and sounds delicious! My dad loves banana desserts so this is right up his alley. Maybe I should make it for his birthday next month :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he would be delighted, with Banana Split "Delight".

      Delete
  4. Yum !!! it reminds me of my grandmother's Icebox cake !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our grandma's had some great and easy recipes didn't they?

      Delete
  5. Banana-y goodness - yum.
    Well, to be honest, the smaller the class the better... more food for this little piggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I've been a little "piggy". I won't weigh for a few days. HaHa.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It was, and is....leftovers. HaHa

      Delete
  7. I'm pretty sure my son would love to dig right in since I never make desserts like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't either for just my dearest and me...but always try to come up with something to share for the cooking class.

      Delete
  8. Wanda, this banana dessert looks yummy!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sounds so yummy.
    Maybe someday I can eat this again.
    Now, phooey, every ingredient is on my no eat list...BOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sue...I'm so sorry. But I don't think the Pyrex dish has any calories. But how sad to look at an empty dish. Soon but not yet, you'll be back to adding a few things to your healthy lifestyle.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the encouragement.
      I'm plugging along.
      Haven't got a Dr.'s appointment yet. I think the first week of August will be the 3 month fasting glucose test. Hope the numbers will be GOOD!

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)