Banana Split Delight was the recipe for our cooking class this month. (Recipe below)
Several factors made for a very small class today. Much going on at the Villa and a flyer didn't get posted. But whether we have 10 or 2...I'm a happy camper and enjoy teach those that show up a new recipe.
Carolina and Pat were the only ones who came so the three of us had a very nice time. Here I'm having Carolina add the banana layer.
Pat is a dear lady who deals with many health issues, but a faithful follower of the Cooking Class.
I told them "All the more for us" HaHa. The manager did get to come late after a visit from someone from the corporate office, and we invited Eric the maintenance man to join us for a slice.
The rest we sent home with those who came!!
It's a wonderful summer dessert that can be made the day before the event!
BANANA SPLIT DELIGHT
Graham Cracker Crust
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cube butter ~ melted
2 tbsp. sugar
pinch of kosher salt
8 oz (1 pkg) cream cheese (room temperature)
¼ cup sugar
8 oz cool whip
3 bananas thinly sliced
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (well drained)
1 lb. strawberries ~ Thinly sliced or chopped
8 oz Cool Whip
Chocolate syrup ~ drizzle
1. Grease a 9”x13” baking dish
2. In a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix until evenly combined. Press into baking dish. Refrigerate until set (15 min.)
3. Make cream filling. In a large bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy, 5 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread mixture evenly onto crust.
4. To cream layer, add even layers of bananas, crushed pineapple and strawberries. Top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with crushed walnuts. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
5. When ready to serve, garnish with chocolate syrup and a cherries.
Cooking Class 7/12/16 with Wanda