Monday, July 18, 2016

BUTTER LETTUCE


 My new favorite lunch ~ Butter Lettuce wraps.  Today it's Chicken salad with raisins, chopped apricots, and peanuts.  It has such a nice combination of sweet from the apricots and raisins and crunch with the peanuts.  A great way to enjoy a sandwich without the bread!

We just had a new "Grocery Outlet" open in our town and they have wonderfully fresh butter lettuce still on the root.  Keeps really well in the refrigerator.  I bought two, and one is almost gone.  It's also a nice lettuce to add to a salad.

Do you like Butter Lettuce?

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I love lettuce wraps and your addition of apricots and raisins sounds wonderful! Happy hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love adding something sweet to tuna or chicken salad. I like texture...sweet and crunch!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, I love chicken salad on lettuce...so that looks like a lunch I would truly enjoy. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice lettuce and the chicken salad sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. Those look wonderful! I'd eat one right now for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just enough chicken salad left for one more. Lunch? I'm so hooked on sourdough toast and my newly made plum jam for breakfast. This morning I added a slice of gouda cheese. Yum!

      Delete
  6. I have noticed butter lettuce in the store, but wasn't sure what to do with it and wondered about how long it would keep. This is a great idea. I have had lettuce wraps in restaurants, but it is never something my husband would order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Butter lettuce is so tasty. I have to start cutting out the bread. Love chicken salad. I used to make one that was chicken, mayo/sour cream, bit of curry, walnuts, apple, green onion, and sometimes a spot of pineapple. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)