Saturday, July 9, 2016

A TRIP REMEMBERED ~ DAY ONE

As we started out on the trip North, we saw rows and rows of grape vines as we headed to our first stop ~ Santa Barbara.
 
Tom and Juliana are friends that go back to college days.  Tom is also a retired pastor.  Lunch in their back yard was delightful.
Tom's wife Juliana (born in Holland and came to America as a teenager) and a dear friend.


Molly was with us for the first two stops before we dropped her off at my cousins in Pismo Beach for a month.
She got to visit with Chico while we were there.  After lunch and a short visit ~ off to the next stop ~ Lompoc, CA.
Oh how I love the ocean.  Our next stop for the night and a visit was with Liz and John ~ Friends from our former days when we ministered in Santa Barbara.
 Liz was born in Germany, and John met her when he was is the military and married her and brought her to America.
We really do love each other...but the wind was blowing and we were freezing!~ HaHa

It was a good first day....tomorrow we say goodbye to Molly and head further North.

9 comments:

  1. I'm loving this Day by Day trip review.
    You have so many lovely friends. It makes traveling so much more fun.
    Can't wait for the next installment.
    Hope you can find Sure-Jel. Somebody must have it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find the Sure~Jell and just watch a great YouTube on an easy recipe for plum jams and jellies. Yeah, that will be my project next week AFTER the cooking class on Tuesday.
      Glad you are enjoying the trip...Watch...you will be in one of my episodes...HaHa.

      Delete
  2. I love your travel blogs!!! My favorite way to see the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been rather a "whirlwind" trip but lovely.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Martha. A very special trip as you will see in the next episode.'

      Delete
  4. Looks like you are having so much fun Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travelling vicariously through you. I LOVE the ocean!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)