Monday, June 20, 2016

VBS OVER AND A NEW HAIRDO

 Vacation Bible School 2016 ~ History.  A great week and a wonderful closing program on Friday night.  Tons of cup cakes sporting clouds and rainbows were a reminder to everyone the promise of the Rainbow after the flood that the entire earth would never be flooded again.

 A free dinner of hot dogs, chips and watermelon was served to all before the program began.

 All the children wearing their tee shirts enjoyed the dinner and were eager to share what they had learned with their parents.  We had a full house and it was a joy and fun as the children shared all the songs and verses and truths they had learned about Noah.



On the lighter side...HaHa...my dearest saw tee shirts for sale in the foyer before the program.  He saw this colorful tee shirt for $5 and pick an Extra Large....the problem, he didn't realize they were the children's tees and X-large was meant for 5th and 6th graders.
He took it in the men's restroom and Squeezed into it, and wondered by X-large was so form fitting...but he wore it anyway.  What a trooper...he was the ONLY adult in a kids shirt.  How I love this man!!!!!  He's my big kid.
 
I was just to pooped to blog the last days of VBS, but with a new cut, body perm, and a few mornings sleeping in.... I think I'm as good as new.

Father's Day was special, as all our kids (except Jill in Oregon) and a few grandkids joined us at Church and then a wonderful Mexican lunch.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Janet...it feels great. We are planning a trip to Tucson the end of July, and it will sure feel good when the 3 digits of heat hit me.

      Delete
  2. What a great cut! You look fabulous. Your hubby looks great, too, in that kid-sized t-shirt. How does he do it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both have really been working on our healthy weight. So easy as we get older to let it slide. Small portions and lots of veggies. We have dessert...but keep it small and not every day.

      Delete
  3. You look mahhhvelous darling!
    Enjoy your week..
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. Hopefully I can get back to a normal schedule and visit everyone...Know you have some good posts I've missed.

      Delete
  4. you look beautiful! what a wonderful event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful way to end the week. The closing program was perfect. Thanks for the compliment. It sure feels good to have it short.

      Delete
  5. Don cracks me up...he's so cute! He probably thought he'd been eating too many of your scones with drizzle!

    Love the new hair...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Betsy, he is a crack up...you would have to live with him to see it all...but I post it when I can.
      I can't believe I haven't made scones in a long time...I think I better soon.
      I'm really liking my short "do"

      Delete
  6. Don looks great in his T! I like it.
    Gorgeous hair - such a pretty style - suits you to a T... shirt... Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't he? Thanks Suzanne...I think it suits me too. I have finally found a gal that does just what I want, only better.

      Delete
  7. Your hair looks great! I love the fact that your hubby snuggled in that shirt and I believe that Bible School looks like a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm loving it. Short and cool. And my hubby...he's been a keeper for 55 years this week!
      VBS was a great success.

      Delete
  8. Hello, lovely lady! Oh, you look so nice with your new hairstyle :)

    I am so glad VBS went well - what a joy, my friend! This week our VBS is going on and so far the kids are loving it :)

    Have a blessed week. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new hair style, Wanda! After such a big week, you deserved it.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)