Tuesday, June 14, 2016

VBS ~ DAY TWO

 The decorations for VBS are so adorable.  This is the stage for all the group activities, stories and songs.  The "divers" come through the black door.

The "Hammer Head" shark is ready to NAIL obedience.
 

This is the entrance into the sanctuary.
 

These are the large windows in the foyer of the church.
 
 Our craft room, all set up and ready to make our little sailboats.
 I so wish I could show you the darling faces of the children, but it's obvious I cannot do that on the blog since I have no way to get permission from the parents.  This is Jessica.  She is the leader of crafts and also my Women's Bible Study teachers on Tuesdays.
(Aren't the tee shirts cute)

 The kids were very creative in painting their boats.  No two were alike.
This is the craft we did in the picture of the children above.  They had to use there imaginations to build a boat out of a sheet of foil.  Then see if it would float, and to see if it would hold all ten beads they were given.  These two girls made it work.  Young boat builders.

Not nearly as tired today.  Think I'm over the initial shock of getting up early, and not stop for a few hours.  It was a good day!  Looking forward to tomorrow.  Thanks for coming along.

7 comments:

  1. Wanda, That is the one thing about children doing arts and crafts...they are about all different. I love that. Looks like it taking off to be a fun VBS. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are pretty amazing!! This is a good week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the decor and your heart, Wanda.
    I'm glad you aren't so tired today.
    By the end of the week you'll be ready to do it all over again...(:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been terrible at visiting and commenting on blogs lately. Not sure what's thrown me so off kilter....
    But, you VBS reminded me of Jonah's fish that met in Monrovia almost 2 years ago. He'd have made a fabulous VBS prop.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)