Saturday, June 11, 2016

FRESH FLOWERS MAKE ME HAPPY


A good Saturday morning to you all!  Does a bouquet of fresh flowers make you happy?  They do me!  I bought this bunch yesterday at Trader Joe's when picking up a few items.  I got the vase at the Thrift Store the other day for $1.
 Finished off the last of the appetizers and fruit we had at the cooking class.  Will have to make these again.  


Small pork roast in the crock pot for pulled pork sandwiches tonight.
When I was at Trader Joe's I saw these "mini buns" and thought that would be perfect for the pulled pork sandwiches since both Don and I are trying to do "smaller portions" these days.  I added some cold slaw to each sandwich, and it was a yummy meal.

What is on your agenda for Saturday?

9 comments:

  1. beautiful flowers. pork sandwiches sound delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, I had a pulled pork sandwich with slaw on it for the first time many, many years ago in the south. I loved it. I like the idea of those tiny buns too. Yes, flowers give us a lift..and some times it only cost pennies. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my first one several years ago, and got hooked. Since it's just my dearest and me, I don't buy the "big" pork roasts...but Trader Joe's have small ones that I cut into 4 pieces brown in olive oil, and put in the little crock pot with some BBQ sauce...and walla...pulled pork in about 3 hours.

      Delete
  3. your flowers and food look delicious! We had a quiet day and watched the NBA basketball finals from last night that we had taped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. We have had a restful day too....except tonight when I was watching the Dodgers lose to the Giants in the 10th inning OT.
      I get too involved!!!!! HaHa

      Delete
  4. Beautiful bouquet and vase, and the pork looks delish.
    I spent the day packing and moving some things into storage. I ache tonight! But I did go to the bakery and pick up some treats so that was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a TJ in KC but it is not all that close to us. I do lile shopping there. I love the crock pot pulled pork. I am going to have to try that. Any suggestions Wanda?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, fresh flowers always make me happy {{smiles}} Your flowers are beautiful, my friend.

    Wishing you a joyous week. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)