Monday, June 6, 2016

CREATIVE TUESDAY ~ CHILDREN


The little News boy sitting on his stack of papers yelling out "Extra, Extra" was one of the treasures we love having that was Don's moms.  I did a pencil sketch which is not my most comfortable, but I'm trying to stretch my artist envelope.

He sits on a shelf in our bedroom that my son made us when he was in wood shop in the 7th grade.  Since the theme for Creative Tuesday is "Children" I wantes to share a few of my watercolor children from past years.  I do love painting children.



To see all the children that other artists have entered for this theme, just click on the CT badge on my sidebar.

I'm thinking I should take some pictures of the "cookie children" in my complex and give them a try in pencil or watercolor.

*click on pictures to enlarge



14 comments:

  1. I love all of these Wanda, you really enjoyed this theme I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sketch of this delightful little chap! A blast from the past.
    And how fitting that the original inspiration and the sweet shelf marry two families together. I like that.
    I have always enjoyed your watercolours of children. They are so lifelike and their eyes are just amazing. That's what makes them so realistic.
    Yes, the cookie children would be a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its all lovely indeed, nice work and warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous figurine Wanda and your pencil sketch does it proud. Is it a Lladro? You really do like painting children as your little watercolours are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful sketch of this little lad! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet...and it looks just like your figurine! Love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, is the statue LLadro?

    ReplyDelete
  8. your watercolor children are GREAT! love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my. I love all these.

    I will have to send you a pic of a painting we have in our bathroom behind the door. We always get comments from our guests about it. Our 5 year old grandson wants to hid it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the sketch looks pretty good to me. your paintings are wonderful too - their faces says a lot, especially the eyes

    have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well done, Wanda! You can see you love children. I love the sketch of the figuring and esp the one of the boy peering back a bit. Lovely. Thank you for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super cute sketch, Wanda! Awwww I love it and your other paintings. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)