Monday, May 30, 2016

MEMORIAL DAY AND BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES


On Martha's recent trip from NY to visit us, she blessed us with Buckwheat pancake mix and Pure Maple Syrup.
It seemed a good and proper thing to have them this morning as we celebrate Memorial Day.
 

There is an exception to the rule of not hanging things on the balcony.  We can decorate for a holiday but then it must come down.  So this morning our balcony is looking very patriotic.  This is the view from the balcony.
 
This is the view from the Playground.  I will hang it again 4th of July.

We never want to forget the sacrifices made for our freedom.  I had a little chat with the children on the playground to make sure they all understood why I was flying our flag and what was special about today.  One little boy said "It's for those guys that died in the Army".  I was glad he seemed to know.

PS ~ No camera or makeup bag have shown up....but I'm getting a little better using Don's camera.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

10 comments:

  1. Yum to the brekkie and here is to all those who have given of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks it was a beautiful Memorial Day. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a GOOD Memorial Day!!! You did your part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks beautiful and the pancakes sound very good too!
    I wonder where that camera and make up bag are,, a mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the flag on your balcony. We are flying ours too.
    Those pancakes look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the flag on your balcony. We are flying ours too.
    Those pancakes look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flag on your balcony is beautiful! It is important that children know what the holidays are for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hung out a flag too, much like you did, from our wall in front of our patio.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)