Saturday, May 14, 2016

LADIES SPRING FLING


Today our church held a Ladies Spring Fling and it was so much fun.  You could choose from four workshops and I chose "Useless to Useful" and Jessica on the left was our instructor and one of our Pastor's daughter was her helper.  She was showing us how to make a reusable grocery bag out of an old tee shirt.  Very clever with NO sewing.
 

Using items like soup cans,  coffee cans, cat food cans to create all kinds of useful items for your desk or kitchen.  Also the many ways you can made something useful from toilet and paper towel rolls, crayons, and little tin mint boxes.  I'm NOT a craft person, but really got some good ideas.
 

The second work shop I attended was right up my alley!  Debbie and her helper showed us how to make five easy appetizers.  Three cold and two hot.  This one was Tex-Mex Won Tons.  Yummy!! 
 

When she was finished we got to sample all of them.  A Mango Salsa, Bacon wrapped water chestnuts..(so delicious), Tortilla Roll Ups and Ham and green onion roll ups.  They were all wonderful and easy.  I'm going to do them for my cooking class in June here at the Villa.

I didn't get a picture, but after the workshops and lunch, we had an excellent speaker, Cindy Lopez who share how to have a heart of joy and how to make a home of joy.  Very inspirational.  A great day with a great group of ladies.  I love our church.

PS ~ if you are interested in any of the recipes, let me know in your comment and I'll post them.

14 comments:

  1. It must have been the weekend to have ladies' activities at church. We had a ladies' brunch with a wonderful speaker. Both of your workshops sound very interesting. I probably would have taken the same ones. I love recycling and what better way than to make something useful out of something you would throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying to recycle/repurpose things but all I end up with is a collection of junk.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun and interesting those workshops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun! I wish we done more like that here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome. I can't believe you're not a crafty person. Lots of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like you had wonderful day with the Ladies. I admire people who reuse all those things, but have to admit that I am not one of them. When it comes to my 'utilities' at home, I admit I am more of a design, not craft person, trying to minimize. Those appetizers sure sound enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day! If you post the recipes, I'll pin them to my party folder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day! If you post the recipes, I'll pin them to my party folder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! I have seen that T-shirt/grocery bag demo before and it was interesting. Sounds like you had a lovely day and oh, those appetizers - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wanda, This sounds like a really fun time. Isn't it nice to still be learning. I say I can never be bored if I am learning. :) Blessings to you and all the ladies. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes please...recipes please.
    So glad you have a fun group of ladies and interesting things to do at your church.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 8AM and now I'm hungry for bacon wrapped water chestnuts. I have a friend who used to make those when we visited. She moved away for a few years and I forgot all about them. Shes back now, I think I need to remind her next time we visit. I can just imagine the taste now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun day! Can't wait to see those appetizers up close when you do them for The Villa!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)