Monday, May 2, 2016

FUN IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD

 Sunday, on my actual birthday, Michel, Julie, Chelenne (DIL) and her mom Elaine decided to do a "day trip" with me.   We started at a cute little Cafe in Buena Park where Chelenne and our son live called Tice Cafe.



 A BIG cup of coffee with lots of cream was a perfect way to start.

 Everyone tried something different, but I was just in mood for my standard breakfast.  2 eggs over medium, bacon, hash brown's and sourdough toast. 

 As we walked out of the cafe, we realized we were right next door to the California Welcome Center and of course mom had to have a little fun.  Saw this bench with Knott's Berry farm statues, and goodness this prim and proper young lady was keeping her distance from the old miner.




 I took care of that right away and you can see he was pleased by that smile, and he had a huge gold nugget in his hand, but wouldn't let it go.



 I thought if I snuggled up a little closer he would offer me the gold nugget, but he wouldn't budge.  Oh well, his loss ~ I'm out of here!




When we went inside the Visitor Center, lo and behold, another handsome man was just standing there waiting for me.  I grabbed his arm and was about to sail off with him when my daughter, dragged me to the car and said we're going shopping not sailing. HaHa..You are never too old to have some fun!

I got up this morning, and I was back to my normal life after a whirlwind of Birthday celebrations.  After reading all the wonderful comments on fb for my birthday, I did a load of laundry, and baked a batch of cookies.  Yep...I'm back to normal.  But the memories of the best birthday ever will linger...............

18 comments:

  1. what a wonderful time you had, I was enjoying the photos on facebook,, I think you had a great time on this day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a good day! Such cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you snuggling up to the old miner.
    You are so cute Wanda.
    Your birthday sounds like it was a true memory maker.
    That's my favorite breakfast too, especially the sourdough toast...did they serve it with Knotts jam or was it Smuckers...just wondered since they were near Knotts. I know Knotts doesn't make much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry I missed your birthday!!! It looks like you had a wonderful time. I love that you have such a good time no matter what you are doing. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly are a blessed woman Wanda...
    And rightly so...
    You are loved by many...
    Now...back to normal,eh?
    Which for you...is always special ♥️
    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Don sees these pictures he's never going to let you go out without him again! hahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated birthday! However, since your birthday was on the first day of the week, I say keep right on celebrating. Love the cozy picture of you and the miner. I hope that your hubby doesn't get jealous. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I only wish more 75year olds got to have whirlwind birthday week celebrations. Alex had shown me these photos and we both chuckled. you are jsut too much fun! Love it!. Happy bday again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fun! I can't wait to stir up a little late birthday fun with you.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww I love how your birthdays keep getting better, always a pleasure to visit here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have loved seeing you celebrate!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like a good day out Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I weekly make that breakfast for Ann. Come to KC and I promise to make it for you too Wanda. ツ

    ReplyDelete
  14. But the Prim and Proper young lady looks to me like she's showing some knee. LOL Also if you enlarge photo, she almost looks like she's got a tattoo on her leg next to the old timer, unless it's a flower painted on her hose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well aren't you the flirty thing? Laughing. Such fun.
    That brekkie looks so good that I think I may just make a version of it right now. It's 2:30 p.m. and all I've had today is a cereal bar.
    So glad you got to celebrate your birthday over an extended period and it looks like Martha is planning more - yay!
    My special one was in January, and I'm still celebrating! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wanda, I love that you enjoyed having fun with the statues. I liked the breakfast. Lots of protein. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's wonderful your infos. Thank you very much
    ___________
    bloom tattoos

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)