Wednesday, April 6, 2016

THE "NO COOKING" CLASS AT THE VILLA


With the beautiful weather we are having I just couldn't bring myself to heat up the kitchen at home or in the clubhouse for our cooking class this month.  So we made a very easy NO BAKE cheesecake.  I made one yesterday in a pie pan, and served that with a choice of cherry or blueberry pie filling.  They got to try it while they watch it being made.


I showed them how easy it is, and instead of a pie plate made individual cheesecakes for them to take home.

All you need is 6 ingredients and I'm sure most of you have made this recipe time and again.  I know I have.

Graham Cracker Crust
1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. sugar
1 cube butter (melted)

Mix and press in pie pan, or individual containers

Cheesecake Filling
1 ~ 8 oz package of creamed cheese
1 ~ can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice  (3 small or 2 large)

Combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk and mix with electric mixer until well blended.  Add lemon juice and mix on high until all is well blended.

Pour into crust and refrigerate over night.  The individual ones for a couple hours.

Top with the your favorite topping, cherry, blueberry etc.  The canned pie filling works very nicely and is easy!!

Part of teaching a cooking class is involving the students, so next month one of the ladies is going to share a special salad she makes.  I think everyone enjoys the fellowship as much as the teaching, and for sure they love to sample what we make.

25 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm pinning this to make this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll make in several times this summer as it's Don's favorite. He likes it plain w/o the toppings.. Me...I like the blueberry.

      Delete
  2. beautiful photo!! Yes this was my Mum's go to for Easter dinner,, we have made this a lot,, its soooo good,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a good Easter dessert. I'm remember that next year.

      Delete
  3. We call it cherry cheese pie and it is yummy!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is probably it's official name.

      Delete
  4. You are adorable, Wanda, and incredibly thoughtful! What a fun and tasty idea.

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Miss Stephanie. I've really having fun with my new "ministry" at the Villa. Amazing how cooking can open doors for testimony. Love you.

      Delete
  5. Okay, now I'm hungry. I guess that will be next on the agenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my friend Linda C. would say....Easy Peasy.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this yummy recipe!
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wanda...
    I have used this easy recipe many times...
    Sometimes I find it doesn't set that well for me...but...we eat it anyways as it is so delicious!
    Enjoy your day...hot there??
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I find it is the tartness of the lemons. Sometimes I add the juice from an additional lemon and it sets up better.

      Hot yesterday ~ showers today!!

      Delete
  8. This sounds so easy. I am lactose intolerant, but I love cheese. I'm going to have to make it and then take lots of medicine so I can eat it. I love cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a lot creamier than baked cheesecake.;

      Delete
  9. Wow, that is a a great, easy summer dessert. I will have to remember this. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it's always a hit....Easy when you need to take a dessert somewhere.

      Delete
  10. Wanda, Even people who know all about cooking would enjoy making this cheesecake and sharing. I like things that are easy too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to share "Summer" recipes for the next few months and I will involve the gal that come more. Makes it a fun experience.

      Delete
  11. Yum! This looks simple and delish. Nice not having to heat things up.
    Despite the fact that I don't really cook that much, I used to bake a mean mandarin orange cheesecake. Haven't in years, but it was very tasty.
    You look so pretty... and so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have NOT had this recipe before but you can be sure it is the one I will be using soon!!! Thank you! I love tried and true recipes!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)