Tuesday, April 26, 2016

THE MAD HATTER BIRTHDAY PARTY




The "Mad Hatter" Birthday party for my 75th was a party beyond my wildest dreams.  My sister Donna brought the Amtrak and spent several days. (does she look 80??) and our dear friend of more than 40 years Tom, flew out from Texas and took the cake for being the best dressed mad hatter.

My life long friend Kris and her husband came from Arizona for my celebration, and Kris gave a knee slapping, belly laughing presentation of our unbelievable childhood.

 Our beautiful daughters plan and executed the entire party and included a photo booth of frames for us to capture our family and friends.  Starting at the top left and going right are granddaughters Amanda and Monica, Donna and Tom, Elijah and grandma, Myk our son, grandson Marc and his fiance, Amanda.  Grandsons Nick and Jon, friends from our Hughson Church, Karen and Tim, Don's SIL and her hubby Ted, and Nephew Rick, Carol and Aunt Gloria.


Tom and Juliana, from Santa Barbara ~ college friends.  My cousin Danette and  Mitch.  Danielle, Jon and Levi (from Hughson), John and Liz from Lompoc .  Amanda, Tom, daughter Julie, and Elijah.
The beautiful garden setting for the Mad Hatter Tea Party, the Dessert Table and Julie having some fun!  HaHa.


Our girls just made this so fun.  It was in a Whimsical Garden setting and we had about 50 guests.


We had the party from 11 am to 3 pm which gave everyone a chance to mingle and visit.


Kris, Ted, Cliff and Linda
Tom, Juliana, Lou, Diane and Phil 

My "mad hatter" cake was adorable and the bouquet of roses have a story to tell.


My dearest without my knowledge gave a moving and loving tribute to me using every color of rose to tell about my life and how each color of rose shared a bit about who I am as a woman, wife, mother, sister, grandmother...it was so beautiful.

I hope I haven't overloaded you!  I enjoyed my blog break and spending time with my sister and friends and wanted you all to be a part of my party via the blog.

"75" is the best year of my life!!!

25 comments:

  1. so glad you enjoyed the celebration, looks really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday beautiful lady. You had the best party. I love the frame idea. So clever. Everyone looks great too. Blessings for many more birthdays and parties. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls know how to throw a party, but this was over the moon!!! 75 feels real good.

      Delete
  3. this brought tears to my eyes, happy tears,, what a wonderful celebration for the most wonderful lady,,, YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie ~ I shed a few too. I was so honored, so humbling. It was the best day ever!

      Delete
  4. Wow...they really outdid themselves, didn't they? I love the sitting...what a beautiful place! 50 wonderful people who love you to celebrate with, too! Love the rose bouquet and meanings! How creative that Don is! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, I've had 75 biirthdays...but nothing ever like this one....It was really an un-birthday, just a celebration of 75 years in Alice in Wonderland, and I was Alice.

      Delete
  5. Everything looks just wonderful! What a beautiful birthday celebration. You are both blessed and a blessing.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad your trip to CA wasn't this week. You would have loved the party. And yes, I'm one blessed woman.

      Delete
  6. thanks for sharing this wonderful occasion, Happy Birthday Wanda, you are blessed and loved. Welcome back to blogland. And Mother's Day is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine...I wish you could have all been there in person. Yes, and Mothers Day is just around the corner. I get to celebrate both a week apart every year.

      Delete
  7. Welcome back! What a celebration!!!
    How wonderful to have so many friends and family share your 75th in such a lovely place.
    Don's tribute is making me a little teary. What a dear, dear thing to do. And you deserve it all, sweet Wanda. Love and hugs to you. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne ~ it was to beyond my imagination. There will never be another one that can match it. My girls are so wonderful, and honored me in such a fabulous way...I'm still overwhelmed. Don's tribute was the frosting on my cake. The man holds my heart in in hands. Hugs back and thanks for your sweet email.

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday! It looks like a wonderful celebration and the colorful rose stories must haven been so touching. You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the most touching and beautiful tribute to me from my dearest. He's the best!!

      Delete
  9. How wonderful!! You're obviously a very special lady and deserve every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell you I sure felt "special" Treated like a queen.

      Delete
  10. Happy 75th! Enjoyed hearing about your party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the party of the decades. So marvelous.

      Delete
  11. It looks like everyone had a great time for your 75th. I would have loved to have heard each rose story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely tribute...with each colored rose a part of my life and personality. He printd it off and I have it in a binder with pictures of each rose. Something wonderful to pass down to the grandchildren and beyond.

      Delete
  12. You didn't overload me at all and you totally desrved a special, fitting tribute, Wanda, for all you do and exemplify. So glad you had fun.

    Yes, an adorable cake and no, you are right she doesn't look remotely 80 but then again, you don't look at all 75!

    And what a fun idea-- a mad hatter party. M=Perhaps you should have been a bit more doddering and mad then? :) I love that your daughters did that for you and that one chap came dressed up as the mad hatter! Great job! waht fun. now, what woudl ahve been super fun woudl have been if they had flown in the mad hatter himself.....see pic: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lcDBMw8jSMI/VyLLq09nVJI/AAAAAAAAEew/fBd_1mWVJi0hnVbLrJHjq7xSMh--I2nygCLcB/s1600/12316671_1218462761503073_6763229426863356276_n.jpg
    --yup. That is moi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I will check it out. I could see you and Alexandra being a blast at a Mad Hatter Party!! Love and Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Your blog is very impressive….

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)