Saturday, April 9, 2016

NUGGETS FROM CALM MY ANXIOUS HEART




LESSON #11
IF ONLY.....IF ONLY....IF ONLY!
If only's look to the past and grumbles.  This brings anger to the heart.
If only I had gone to college.  If only I had a different husband,  If only I had a better job, If only I was prettier, slimmer, taller, smarter, more talented....etc. etc.

In her book "Calm my Anxious Heart" she tells a story that really bring light to is way of thinking.

THIS IS WHAT I KNOW!!
When things come into our lives, we don't know if its a blessing for a curse.  

A man had a beautiful and valuable horse.  One night it was stolen.  All the village said it was a curse.. the old man said "This is what I know, the horse was stolen, whether it's a curse or a blessing I don't know."

  A few weeks later the horse showed up at the old mans home with 6 wild horse behind him.  Now the man has 7 horses, and the village people all said this was a blessing.  The old man said "This is what I know, the horse was gone now he's back with 6 others, whether it's a curse or a blessing I don't know."

This story goes on and on and each time something happened in his life he repeats "This is what I know."

Why do we always draw conclusions?  No one is wise enough to know if it's a blessing or a curse.  ONLY God know!!

REMEMBER:  The Key is ACCEPTANCE.  I am in this circumstance

  • By God's appointment
  • In His keeping
  • Under His training
  • For His time.
The last nugget next week.   These common sense, practical and profound nuggets changed the way I looked at my life many years ago, and I'm so glad it did.

Have a great Sunday

horse image from googleimages.com

14 comments:

  1. So many times we think we have the answers but we really don't know. God's plan is so much bigger and better than ours. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No one is wise enough to know if it's a blessing or a curse."

    Love that Wanda. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, I liked this post. Here's my curse/blessing story. I am at work...my duaghter's family came by my house.Let themselves in with their key. Brandon used the toilet and slammed the lid down cracking it, My SIL goes to get a new lid , tries to put it on and slips and breaks a hole in the toilet. I come home from work with a note tacked to the bathroom door. Do not use the toilet...it's broken. Next day, another SIL comes over to replace the toilet...finds out that the floor was weakened from a leak that was in the wax ring in the floor. So he replaces that section of floor and the toilet. One bad thing lead to another bad thing that lead to good things. At first, I was angry about the broken toilet, then it made me happy that the floor was found damage and fixed too. So some bad things tough times can lead to better things. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hindsight, hindsight. In looking back, I've seen His hand over everything, even the times I thought were a curse. Oh, if we only could trust God knows what He is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed this today,,thanks lovely lady,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need to be reminded of this...thanks. I agree with the other comments, we don't know God's plan and need to trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it we always think we know the answers?
    Learning to trust and lean on God seems to be a constant reminder for me.
    This is a great illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I do always practice acceptance, but sometimes I wonder if there is a middle ground.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes we must remember that all things happen for a reason and we must just wait to see if it is a blessing or not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the scripture.....All things work together for good to those who love the lord!
    I must have missed some of these nuggets so I'm going back to check out previous posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More to ponder! Enjoy your Sunday, dear Wanda. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart is not calm. However, God knows that too and He has a way to get it there.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)